The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please delete. Double post
    Last edited by Yakumo; 28-03-2013, 01:20.

Comment

Yeah, but at least you lucky buggers get snow. We've not had snow in this area for 4 years! I love snow. In fact today is a beautiful spring day. Here is a picture that I just took out of the bog windows . You've got to love phones. Internet everywhere and cameras anywhere.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      Last edited by Yakumo; 28-03-2013, 01:20.

Comment

Snows fine if you have some interesting subjects with you to contrast against the snow, but round my way, again its just dull dull dull, and all the snow shots i've ever taken here were garbage. Plus down my way it just turns to black sludge within 12 hours . Though if your out in the country in wales, peak district, highlands im sure theres some awesome shots to be had with some proper snow on the ground and rolling hills and mountains .

Comment

Another couple from Iceland last Oct.

Icelandic horses by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Iceland monument by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

Iceland is such a beautiful place.

Today we had fantastic weather down here in Shimonoseki so I paid a visit to the samurai Machi of Chofu. I used to live there for 8 years or so before moving to my new house. It's a beautiful place so I took the opportunity to try out the video quality on my GH2 along with the 140mm lens since that is designed for video as well as photography. The end results are very good. Check it out on YouTube (view in 1080p for best results)

and of course I took a crap load of pictures. I've not finished sorting through them yet but here's a few I've done.

Comment

It's back from the dead

Jessops return by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Comment

Not so special but sure to annoy many UK members with the really crappy weather they're having right now.

Lunch in ther back yard/garden (Before the wife and son arrived with the beer)

Comment

It was actually snowing again earlier!

Yakumo some great pics above - excellent example of DoF usage.

Glad you got your focusing issue working Fishbowl - the D7000 really is a great camera.

Comment

Thanks. It was lovely and sunny all day today but tomorrow I hear it's going to rain which is a bummer because I wanted to was my car today. It's caked in mud from yesterdays off road romp in the mountains. Looks cool in a rally type of way but needs to be cleaned.

For a moment I didn't know what DoF was until it clicked. thanks for the complement

Comment

That looks awesome Yakumo. Not too bad in Blighty today compared to the rest of the week.

Comment

Nice to hear you're getting some nice weather.

A few more from lunch time today.

Good old Japanese and their inability to know what the hell is written on their clothing. The funny thing was on the front of this sweater was a cute anime kitten!

This poor woman is chasing after her hat

This dog is chasing err..... Well nothing.

The full resolution of this shot has loads of action in it plus falling sakura leaves.

Comment

Some lovely shots there Yakumo and some nice Iceland ones too Fishbowhead. I'm back to Iceland next week to really give my 6D a proper photo run.
                          When I was there last time I shat myself because it was so cold my lens had condensation which then froze on every element, it took about 3 hours to defrost and return back to normal. I thought I was going to have to buy a new lens in Iceland. That would of been pricey.

I posted these recently, but they wouldn't work for some reason

IMG_0774.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0773.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0779.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0809.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0812.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr
                          Last edited by EvilBoris; 31-03-2013, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            HOLLY ****!! The Red Triangle Karate Dojo. Is that place still going? Looks like **** now. I used to go there about 27 years ago. And 34 years ago there was a nursery school on the corner where I used to go. That's gone now from what I remember. ****, Everton park as well. My English home is around there you know. My parents and sister still live there in the below area. Actually, I made a mistake on the map, they live in Harrogate Drive which is the next block over.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                            Last edited by Yakumo; 31-03-2013, 14:55.

Comment

I loved it over there, probably my favourite place I've been, so desolate and wild, brilliant. I look forward to seeing your pics when you get back, I wish I had the d7000 and a telephoto but my x10 acquitted itself very well, barring the battery in the cold. Luckily it wasn't as cold as your trip, good job too as I was sleeping in the hire car for a week.

Hopefully your lens doesn't freeze again, that's one expensive proposition replacing stuff over there.

Comment

That's a crazy coincidence that bit of Breck road is the nicer bit, I live just off it further up towards the ****hole end!

I imagine you can tell me what this is then?

IMG_0804.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X