No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dudes, where do I look for a bag / case for the GX1? It will have the flat X series 14-42mm lens (not the long 14-42) so I'm hoping I can get a case that's quite compact. Or should I get one that attaches directly to the camera? Links please?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      That's a crazy coincidence that bit of Breck road is the nicer bit, I live just off it further up towards the ****hole end!

I imagine you can tell me what this is then?

IMG_0804.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr
      Do you live just before where the shops start? That is the **** hole part. I hated going down there even in my dad's car 2 years back when I went home. I live in a beautiful place now that's safe and clean and have done for the last 15 years. So taking a trip down Break Road wasn't very pleasant even though I lived there for 22 years.

That building in the photo is an old watercooling tower. When I was a little kid that sometimes had water pouring from the top but even then it was in its last days of use. I think it hadn't been in real use since the beginning of the 80s.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 31-03-2013, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Dudes, where do I look for a bag / case for the GX1? It will have the flat X series 14-42mm lens (not the long 14-42) so I'm hoping I can get a case that's quite compact. Or should I get one that attaches directly to the camera? Links please?
        Love to help but I don't even use a case these days. When I did I just bought some generic case from the camera shop.

Comment

I just put my gf3 in my pocket.

Comment

Ok, I'll try that then

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Do you live just before where the shops start? That is the **** hole part. I hated going down there even in my dad's car 2 years back when I went home. I live in a beautiful place now that's safe and clean and have done for the last 15 years. So taking a trip down Break Road wasn't very pleasant even though I lived there for 22 years.

That building in the photo is an old watercooling tower. When I was a little kid that sometimes had water pouring from the top but even then it was in its last days of use. I think it hadn't been in real use since the beginning of the 80s.
              Nope, I live right at the end of the shops, past that Car dealership on the left and a little bit further. It's proper ****. It was only ever a temporary thing and we are due to move in a couple of months, I will do more research next time we rent.

There was a TV show on Channel 4 a few weeks back about a dystopian britain (called Utopia), most of it was filmed in liverpool and there were quite a few bits filmed around near the water tower.

Comment

that area back in the 80s was really bad. It was known as drugy paradise by my dad. They knocked down all the **** and renewed the area in the 90s.

Ah, so you live near Townsend Lane? I hope I got the name right. Down there wasn't that bad from what I remember. I just trying to remember a car dealers on Break Road. Maybe this is a newer one that wasn't there when I lived in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Just take care of it whilst you're out and about and get something like this for storing it at home. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-PG...f=pd_sim_ph_17 - you need this is you get additional lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    that area back in the 80s was really bad. It was known as drugy paradise by my dad. They knocked down all the **** and renewed the area in the 90s.

Ah, so you live near Townsend Lane? I hope I got the name right. Down there wasn't that bad from what I remember. I just trying to remember a car dealers on Break Road. Maybe this is a newer one that wasn't there when I lived in the UK.
                    Yeah that's right, in the old bit just past where breck road meets townsend lane, it's still ****.

Dewsbury Road
                    Manningham Road
                    Holbeck Road

Thats the area I live

Comment

Some from the weekend.

southend by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

sugarbee by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                      This is part of a cake my mum is currently making, sunflower themed all hand made out of icing, including all the little bees.

thebeach by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 01-04-2013, 10:27.

Comment

I love the Bee one Fishbowl

Comment

He had some friends in the photo, but, i may or may not of eaten them .

Comment

Another couple.

chrome by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

nonemergancy by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

oldliegh by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 01-04-2013, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              Yeah that's right, in the old bit just past where breck road meets townsend lane, it's still ****.

Dewsbury Road
                              Manningham Road
                              Holbeck Road

Thats the area I live
                              man, I know that area. Yeah, it is a bit **** these days. It never used to be that bad though. Amazing seeing iamges of where I lived on this site.

Comment

From earlier in winter, down the river a few minutes from where I live (taken using my phone camera...sorry...). I missed the ice breaking up the week before last.

Last week, not quite as far down river
                                Last edited by kryss; 01-04-2013, 15:18. Reason: tactical cropping later...

Comment

Working...
                                X