No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is one hell of a modern gothic church. Great shots by the way.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 06-04-2013, 15:21.

Comment

The church is a monster indeed, great architecture though. Touch to focus too you say boris? well thats just sealed the deal on my next camera.

Comment

Touch Focus on the app, not on the camera itself. I think the 650D had a touch panel and swivel screen on it, I'd quite like those on this camera TBH, I was trying to take a picture over a fence and the live view screen was impossible to see at an angle

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          Touch Focus on the app, not on the camera itself. I think the 650D had a touch panel and swivel screen on it, I'd quite like those on this camera TBH, I was trying to take a picture over a fence and the live view screen was impossible to see at an angle
          The app will change the focus point on the camera based on where you touch on your phone screen though i take it?

Ive recently started taking pictures of birds in the garden for a new website i did a while ago and that feature would be awesome, set the camera up next/near the feeders and sit indoors not disturbing them. I have a remote for this purpose but without being able to refocus its useless for birds as there just too quick.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-04-2013, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            The app will change the focus point on the camera based on where you touch on your phone screen though i take it?
            Yes, there is a slight delay with the live view refresh though, but it's an easy thing to use. Wifi mode can drain the battery a bit so it's worth picking up another battery (I was fortunate to have a spare when I sold my 5d mkII).

Ive recently started taking pictures of birds in the garden for a new website i did a while ago and that feature would be awesome, set the camera up next/near the feeders and sit indoors not disturbing them. I have a remote for this purpose but without being able to refocus its useless for birds as there just too quick.
            My plan is similar, but trying to get really close with either my wide angle or pick out detail with my macro.

I still think one of best functions of the wifi is the ability to view/uploads images to the phone. I hope Canon release a tablet optimised version of the app.

Btw, looks a great place Boris - it's one of the places I need to visit some day (along with the fjords in Norway)
            Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 06-04-2013, 10:42.

Comment

That church is great EB - so often converging vertical lines kill shots like that, but it compliments it in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser View Post
                Yes, there is a slight delay with the live view refresh though, but it's an easy thing to use. Wifi mode can drain the battery a bit so it's worth picking up another battery (I was fortunate to have a spare when I sold my 5d mkII).

My plan is similar, but trying to get really close with either my wide angle or pick out detail with my macro.

I still think one of best functions of the wifi is the ability to view/uploads images to the phone. I hope Canon release a tablet optimised version of the app.

Btw, looks a great place Boris - it's one of the places I need to visit some day (along with the fjords in Norway)

Thanks for confirming ginger, just watched teh digitalrev review and the phone feature was awesome, worked really well .

Don't forget to get out at night Boris, theres some great colours to be had especially the opera house, which changes colour randomly at night. There was also a wall downtown that was playing a movie on it via a projector which would look good, though my little x10 wasn't up to decent night stuff so i missed out on most of it.

Was pretty cool watching a silent movie in the street with a chick, just sat on the curb with some popcorn and random people started joining us, good times.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-04-2013, 12:30.

Comment

Actually used the GPS function today, quite handy as I was in an area with very little signage - but nice trees and a ploughed field! Battery didn't drain as most of the reviews said it would (was on 3 bars, after 300 shots - last 50 or so with GPS enabled - then synced to mac for downloading images - it finally dropped to 2 bars)

Comment

I've been out from 9am to 8pm with GPS on all day in tracklogging mode and I've taken 202 photos, it was on 2 bars for me.

Comment

Taking of GPS, here's one I was logging earlier

Lone Tree - Nik Plugin Test by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Have been playing with Nik Plugins a bit - might be over processed

Eos 6D - EF200 ƒ/2.8 - 1/320 - ƒ/11 - ISO 200 - Tree Near Hampton Lucy, Warwickshire
                      Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 06-04-2013, 22:47.

Comment

That's interesting, has an almost stencilled quality to it.

Comment

I think that looks fine, a bit of grain ads some texture to the sky which the grass/crop has.

Comment

Went out and about yesterday didn't get anything fantastic though, it was snowing which made the sky very white and hard to expose correctly

IMG_1190.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1134.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

I did get this shot, which isn't a a decent photo, but looks cool. It's a geysir just starting to blow

IMG_1227.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

The lens stabilisation must be pretty good on the new glass I got, I took this one handheld

IMG_1273.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1267.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Do you have a grad filter EB? Looks like a situation that'd welcome one

Comment

No, it's always one of those things that I meant to pick up but never get around to.

I tend to just underexpose the image a little and deal with it in post processing, the sensor is so good I don't really get much in the way of noise.

IMG_1197.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

It's just that white skies are a bit plain and boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X