Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bounce flash - very useful as it happens

Comment

My pal showed me bounce flash a while ago, it was a revelation for flash photography, such a simple and effective trick.

I wouldn't worry too much about the settings right now charlesr, composition, lighting and framing are more important than anything, I made the mistake of worrying about what all the settings do all the time and it just got in the way of shooting, at first that is. Most compacts like the one you have do a very good job of the settings for you. Of course any questions you have there's some great photographers on here to ask.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-04-2013, 18:09.

Comment

One for the next camera club competition

Jumping by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Taken a few years ago with my 5D(mk1) and 15mm fisheye

Comment

That's cool, is it 3 different guys or a composition of burst shots?

I'd guess a composition and you've shopped the sky a little?

Comment

It was one bloke and 5 shots, but one was too close to the splash so just used 4. Whole final image had a bit of tweaking with Nik plugins.

Only thing I don't like is he's a bit stretched in the top right - but that's the fisheye for you.

Oh the competition theme is 'Action'
            Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 10-04-2013, 23:00.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              499 pounds!!! What a rip off. I can get you a brand new one with 14-42mm lerns, Battery and SD card for 350 pounds with EMS shipping included! Send me a PM if you are interested. No way would I pay that much for a GX1. You could almost buy a GH3 for that money.

Comment

For anybody interested in my photography adventures, here is a time lapse video I made of a 5 hour drive to sun and snow.

Comment

I know that there are a few phone photographers that post in this thread which is cool. So for you guys I'll tell you about a nice app I found for my Android today. The app is called Camera 360 and can honestly improve your phone's stock camera. The camera on my phone is 12mpx but the images it produced are **** (video is fantastic in 1080p though)

Here's the stock camera at work.

and here's the same shot taken through the Camer360 app.

The amount of extra detail is amazing plus the colours are much better and defined. Click the images to see the full resolution versions.

The app also has some cool tricks such as one colour mode. Checkout the Kitty bin. It's in it's original colour while the rest of the room is in black and white. Again click the photo for the full resolution version.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

More photos at night and a few from the temple that I've yet to post.

can on step by Yakum01975, on Flickr

ap test by Yakum01975, on Flickr

whipeout by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Praying to Buda by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Pigeon in Chofu by Yakum01975, on Flickr

grave stone 2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

A few from this mornings 4am Project in Birmingham City Centre (Bullring - we had permission to shoot there - but no tripods were allowed so it's all hand held!)

Rotuna by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr
                      Eos 6D - EF15mm fisheye - f/2.8 - 1/50 - iso3200

4am_april_2013_41 by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr
                      Eos 6D - EF200 - f/2.8 - 1/100 - iso6400

4am_april_2013_38 by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr
                      Eos 6D - EF200 - f/2.8 - 1/250 - iso6400

4am_april_2013_31 by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr
                      Eos 6D - EF200 - f/2.8 - 1/2000 - iso26500

4am_april_2013_21 by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr
                      Eos 6D - EF15mm Fisheye - f/2.8 - 1/100 - iso3200

4am_april_2013_8 by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr
                      Eos 6D - EF200 - f/2.8 - 1/250 - iso3200

Comment

I like that 2nd fisheye one, that's cool

Comment

Thanks, I have been guilty of overusing the fisheye in the past - so thought i'd give it a test on the 6D

Comment

I've never really been a fan of what fisheye lenses do, I need to look around and see how you would use them as I do use the wide end of my lenses a lot, I assume a fisheye is just an extremely wide lens?

Here are some others I processed

IMG_1735.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Creepy Graphitti by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1772.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              I've never really been a fan of what fisheye lenses do, I need to look around and see how you would use them as I do use the wide end of my lenses a lot, I assume a fisheye is just an extremely wide lens?
                              If used right then they are quite wide. For some landscapes you can get a good effect. It's just things on the edges can curl up.

Comment

When I was in iceland I was trying to find the northern lights, the sky was so clear but they were nowhere to be seen.

I took some cool pictures of stars though, It's fun, I can adjust the exposure and make more stars appear!

IMG_1784.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X