No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern lights over Birmingham on Sunday!

4am_april_2013_20 by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

or possibly lens flare

Comment

Ginger Tosser, what's the noise level like the new those 3200iso shots? Can you give a link to the original resolution versions at all?

Comment

Noise is quite low, the shot above is at 3200 and the full size image is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/scphoto...n/photostream/

Though not too sure if Flickr will allow you to see it. If not I'll post something from my own webserver.

Comment

Flickr let me select up to 1365 x 2048 resolution. not the highest but still good enough. Yeah, the noise levels are quite good on that shot. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Fantasic shots, guys

Comment

If you want to have a look at the completely unprocessed version it's here: http://www.scphoto.co.uk/pages/galle...rocessed_1.jpg

Might take a while to upload from my server as the file is 13mb!

Comment

Here's a few I took this evening, I forget that this camera has auto ISO, so I can control the Aperture and Shutter speed, but leave the ISO adjust to match.

Sunset in Crosby by EvilBoris, on Flickr

All by Myself by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Another World by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Reflection of Industry by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_1854.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr
                Last edited by EvilBoris; 19-04-2013, 23:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser View Post
                  If you want to have a look at the completely unprocessed version it's here: http://www.scphoto.co.uk/pages/galle...rocessed_1.jpg

Might take a while to upload from my server as the file is 13mb!
                  thanks for that. Even unprocessed it's still a pretty impressive shot. The noise is there but that's to be expected. There's not much of it though.

EvilBoris, I'm loving the picture of the big dick in the sunset

Comment

Some pictures taken with the phone while out and about near my house today.

Comment

Visited a little town called Odiham a few weeks back and gave my new D3200 it's first proper outdoor christening.

DSC_0104 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

DSC_0080 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

DSC_0117 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

DSC_0081 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

DSC_0102 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

DSC_0124 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Some pictures taken with the phone while out and about near my house today.

Stunning.

I also downloaded camera360 you recommended a few pages back. Good stuff.

Any recommendations for android apps that take decent panoramic shots? messing with a few now (360 and Photaf) but not getting much joy so far - the stitching is poor. Not sure whether that's down to practice or the app itself.

Comment

A few film shots for recent months - Kodak Portra 160 on a Pentax Spotmatic II

Untitled by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Adventure by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Redchurch by GarySmith70, on Flickr

and in keeping with the phone photography, one of the Barbican from a while back..

unoriginal by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            Stunning.

I also downloaded camera360 you recommended a few pages back. Good stuff.

Any recommendations for android apps that take decent panoramic shots? messing with a few now (360 and Photaf) but not getting much joy so far - the stitching is poor. Not sure whether that's down to practice or the app itself.
                            Thanks, yeah the 360 app for Android is really good. I use it every time now when using the phones camera. As for panoramic shots, I also use Photaf but like you said it can be a bit hit and miss if you rush things. Saying that I love the 3D view it gives you on the phone. To be honest all phone panoramic software is a bit poor. I just take normal shots then stitch them together on the PC using some very good and FREE software called Hugin. It does a fantastic job. The below photo is very large and made up of 5 shots but can you see the joins? It's not like I was being extra careful either when taking the 5 shots.

Click the image to enter Flickr and see a higher resolution version. (the real full resolution is 7540 x 1957) and a 10MB in size)

Kijima Koen - Jupiter (pana) by Yakum01975, on Flickr

@Garf - Fime as in using good old camera film and not just a setting on a digital DLSR? Nice stuff. I like the Mini shot
                            Last edited by Yakumo; 26-04-2013, 23:52.

Comment

Here are some unedited shots from the GX1.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X