No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For someone who loves old cameras they'd probably have fun with quite a few of those cameras (there's more than just what I took) and the prices aren't that expensive either. I may look in to getting something like that OM1 at some point.

Comment

What's everyone's favourite film camera?

Mine's the Canon T90 I think. Always wanted a new F1 though.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post

I've only recently started with film so am learning all about the lovely old models. So far, I would say I have a soft spot for the Yashica Mat 124g, it's on my to buy list...

A digital shot from the weekend, during a walk along Southwold harbour:

T by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Comment

I've wanted many over the years, I started off with the EOS system so had no idea about what was available before (though since learnt that the T90 was a nice bit of kit). Like many I suppose I've looked at Hasselblads with a bit of envy so I guess my favourite I've not owned would be that.

Probably my favourite I've owned is my FujiFilm GA645zi Medium Format.

It's just like a massive compact, but shoots 120/220 film

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            For someone who loves old cameras they'd probably have fun with quite a few of those cameras (there's more than just what I took) and the prices aren't that expensive either. I may look in to getting something like that OM1 at some point.
            Some great cameras there in that pic, didn't see that many black AE-1's knocking around so good to see one there. Always fancied an Olympus 35RC back in the day as a walkaround.

Anyway the OM-1 is a good machine, use to have an OM-2n (black).

Easy, my Nikon FM2. Tough as old boots and the battery only powered the light meter so all the speeds up to 1/4000 were available and the 1/250 flash sync.

I used to drool over the Pentax LX and the Fujica AX-5, always wanted to see how the AX-5 compared to the Canon A-1, the Fujinon lenses were supposedly very good.

Comment

The FM2s look lovely. Never used one.

I have a slight soft spot for the original EOS 1. I kinda see it at the Autofocus T90.

Comment

It would have to be a Nikon F3 for me. I always lusted after one and they still hold their value well today.

Comment

F3s do look awesomely gigantic.

Comment

I have a whole load of 35mm film cameras, including the tank that is the Nikon F5, but my favourites are this:

and this:

Comment

God this thread makes me sad I used to take so many photos but these days I barely touch my camera at all. Must get myself back into it. Nice to see you all doing such a great job though. What do you think of this panoramic? Thinking about getting it done on canvas but can't decide if I like it or not! (original is much bigger\higher quality). Sorry for using imageshack but all my other accounts have expired! (also sorry for formatting of post, this forum doesn't like the enter key any more) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/34357143.jpg/

Comment

Not working for me Pete - just create a www.photobucket.com account - painless and free.

Comment

You have to click another bit to actually go to the image.

Pete, is the end of the lights the edge of Vegas? I was wondering how big it is.

Comment

I did that and it still wasn't loading up the image - tried again and it seems to be working now.

Looks good Pete; the horizon is slightly on the wonk (left lower than right), but I reckon that'll work nicely as a wall mount.

Comment

Took my Nikon over Mum & Dads at the weekend and took a few shots, a bit tricky in the dark light.

DSC_0160 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

DSC_0146 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

DSC_0145 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

DSC_0244 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

And as I was driving home, the sun set looked so beautiful, I stopped the car in a lay-by and nipped over a Famers field to take the shot!

DSC_0261 by M Woolgar, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

Pete, is the end of the lights the edge of Vegas? I was wondering how big it is.
                                Vegas is pretty huge, I was really surprised. The actual famous bit (the strip) is tiny though. Noted on wonky horizon. Still can't press enter on this forum, so weird

Comment

Working...
                                X