Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is where I live.

Comment

Ah, I didn't fully regonize the bridge without seeing the church.

I lived in Stamford for many years. Best place to live in the country imo. Expensive as hell, mind. I have no idea how many of those small book and clothe shops stay in business.

My sister and mum still live there. You need to get some pics up of Burghley house and the green when we get some nicer weather.

Comment

Took delivery of D50 today for ?55, 14K shutter actuations but it definitely feels more plasticy than I remembered - who needs more than 6 megapixels anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          who needs more than 6 megapixels anyway?
          The reality is not many do - I'm still happy with the image quality from my 1D MkII (8mp).

Comment

I remember Olympus sending me a full size fashion calendar. All pics taken with the 5mp E1. Looked amazing.

Comment

I have a 2m + print on my stairs of my daughter taken on a PC100e video camera @ 1mp which looks perfect.

/3yorkshiremenmode - Eeeh, 6mp, bloody luxury.

Comment

Then again, Ixus 70 ...

Or Nikon D200

And back to the Nikon D50

Last edited by MartyG; 13-05-2013, 19:44.

Comment

A couple from my S2 (6mp), straight out the box, no sharpening just resized;

Last edited by Anpanman; 13-05-2013, 19:50.

Comment

Superb for the S2 - mind that 70-200mm f2.8 VR helps a lot - it's a quirky camera for sure, but it's fun to use. This one is from mine:

Hang Over? by MartyPG13, on Flickr

Comment

Superb for the S2 - mind that 200mm f2 VR helps a lot - it's a quirky camera for sure, but it's fun to use. This one is from mine:
                      Hehe, edited, but you're right, the colours from the S2 are superb, the gradation of the browns on the bottles shows it off well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                        Hehe, edited, but you're right, the colours from the S2 are superb, the gradation of the browns on the bottles shows it off well.
                        There's a Fuji S5 Pro on a buy it now on eBay for ?250 at the mo - quite tempted ...

And I really need to get out of my back garden or give it a de-weed.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time ...

Last edited by MartyG; 15-05-2013, 19:33.

Comment

There's another newly listed one with 700 shots currently at just over a quid.

The S5 seems by all accounts a real step up from the S2, not least using one battery type like the S3.

Comment

Yeah, so it turns out my best offer was accepted on the S5 - I've now completed the set. S2, S3 and S5

Comment

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time ...

Ha, awesome quote from my favourite film, nice pic too i like that.

Have you had any experience with the nikon 50mm 1.4 dx? love my 35mm but was thinking of getting the 50mm 1.4 as a more walk around lens, seems to be a lot of mixed reviews about it, mostly saying the 1.8s are much sharper.

Comment

Never used the f1.4 but the f1.8 is a bargain; on DX it makes it a 75mm optic, not something I'd really consider a walkabout lens. It's great for portraits though.

And it seems there's an S1 Pro so not quite the full set.

Comment

Working...
                                X