No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd probably go with an S3 FSW, the S2 has a known problem with the sensor in that they can die. Fuji though did a free replacement to a non-sickly sensor for gratis - Fuji UK turned around my five year old Jap S2 in about two days after my sensor died at Chester zoo one day.

The problem is though, there are now zero sensors in stock so therefore unrepairable if you buy an S2 that hasn't had the mod. The sensor can go on forever or expire at any time that's the problem.

Just thought you should know.

Comment

Cheers for the heads up.

Comment

The S3 Pro also only needs the AA batteries rather than the additional CR123s - some say they can get their S2 Pros to work with just the AAs, but it's never worked on my example. Still there's something about the S2 Pro that the S3 doesn't have

Comment

I was out on the town last night. So on my way from the parking area I took a few shots with my phone. It works really well in low light conditions.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

And this is why compact camera sales are crashing big time.

Comment

Indeed, although a good compact will still give far better results IMO but to the avarage Joe they all look the same, even a DLSR.

Comment

There'll always be a market for the high end compacts and DSLRs, but camera phones are getting so good now that they can't be ignored. That said, these are with the Nikon D200 and the 105mm Sigma.

Comment

Panasonic 14-140mm arrived. Wow. Never had a lens focus this quick or this quiet before. A great piece of engineering. It's pretty heavy on my GF3 but should pair up more nicely with the GH1.

Comment

Freaky window cat toy i spotted the other day, this was with the iphone5 and some messing with the flickr filters.

Freaky window cat. by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

Is that a real cat!?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                        Is that a real cat!?
                        I really hope not. It was in someones garden so was a case of take and get out. Couple below from today.

theredbox by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

blueandyellow-2.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-05-2013, 13:45.

Comment

I'd call that cat bogpuss!

Comment

One from a stroll last night with the dog. He tried to sneak up on the peacock, despite the peacock being on branch (inside a cage) and could clearly see him. I do wonder about my dog sometimes.

peacock.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

Got something new in the post today - never had a bridge camera before.

Comment

My first digital camera was a bridge, panasonic. Not a bad bit of kit for the ?100 new i paid, stupid 40x zoom with a decent picture quality. Good macro too. Served its job on my south america trip, 4 days in the andes in damp conditions and it survived it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X