No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shots. Surely it depends on area, not country, as to whether it's safe to walk somewhere at night? My village doesn't even have street lights so the 10 minute walk home from the pub is in total darkness yet I consider it safe because it's just a little village. Are there no rough areas anywhere in Japan!?

Comment

I guess the area would make a difference but even walking home in the nasty areas it's still safe. I live in a big city too with no problems at all. Of course there are nob heads but they're unlike the ones in the UK that only know how to eat **** fight and sleep. Honestly, I've lived here for 15 years and have never seen a street fight. I saw many back in the UK even in broad daylight.

When there is an issue it's always either a related thing between two people that's been going on for a while or some nut case how goes ape ****. there's maybe one nut case issue in the whole country each year and maybe 1 murder story a month on the news. Not a great deal really.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 04-06-2013, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        I guess the area would make a difference but even walking home in the nasty areas it's still safe. I live in a big city too with no problems at all. Of course there are nob heads but they're unlike the ones in the UK that only know how to eat **** fight and sleep. Honestly, I've lived here for 15 years and have never seen a street fight. I saw many back in the UK even in broad daylight.

When there is an issue it's always either a related thing between two people that's been going on for a while or some nut case how goes ape ****. there's maybe one nut case issue in the whole country each year and maybe 1 murder story a month on the news. Not a great deal really.
        What about weirdos walking around in the dark with dslrs Yakumo? Haha

Comment

Need help gents!

I've taken these pictures for a project of mine which were taken at 1920x1080. I put them on A4 and did a test on photographic paper (****ing hell is it expensive) and they look crap.

Basically, before I get a frame I need to know what is the best 'common' (as in I'll be able to nip to ikea) frame size that would best complement images of this resolution.

Comment

2 megapixels. Hmmmm. I dunno mate. 16:9 aspect ratio too. Hopefully someone else can help.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              What about weirdos walking around in the dark with dslrs Yakumo? Haha
              that's a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                that's a good point.
                I would be careful though when doing candids and night shots, its a fine line between innocent random shots and someone taking it the wrong way, my pal has been shouted at a few times in the UK on train platforms on his way home from work (just taking perfectly innocent random shots), one time nearly came to blows as a couple of drunks though he was taking pics of them.

I also attracted the attention of a couple of drug dealers when i inadvertently took pictures of a deal going down, exchange of money for drugs and all. This came about when i was taking random shots in the car shortly after getting my d7000. They thought i was the police until i explained what i was doing, i had to delete the pictures for obvious reasons, a very random day that was.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-06-2013, 08:48.

Comment

This month's APOY is Floral Still Life ...

Good round to enter because everyone can photograph this stuff and get nice results with even modest kit - top was taken with my Nikon S3200 compact, bottom with the Kodak P880.

And another couple with the S3200 ...

Last edited by MartyG; 05-06-2013, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    I would be careful though when doing candids and night shots, its a fine line between innocent random shots and someone taking it the wrong way, my pal has been shouted at a few times in the UK on train platforms on his way home from work (just taking perfectly innocent random shots), one time nearly came to blows as a couple of drunks though he was taking pics of them.

I also attracted the attention of a couple of drug dealers when i inadvertently took pictures of a deal going down, exchange of money for drugs and all. This came about when i was taking random shots in the car shortly after getting my d7000. They thought i was the police until i explained what i was doing, i had to delete the pictures for obvious reasons, a very random day that was.
                    Luckily I don't have those issues in Japan but sure, back in the UK I'd be very careful. I probably wouldn't even take my camera out at night in fear of having it nicked by some scummy arse hole.

Japan has a culture based around cameras in many respects. It's not really that odd to see people out and about with a camera. At night is a bit odd I guess but nothing too unusual.

Comment

UK culture is based around cameras too.

Comment

Post ofthe day by half six?

Comment

Did you use a studio backdrop for those pics Marty?

Comment

No I used the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              hahaha, how true.

As is tradition I took a few night shots while drinking last night and one this morning when I woke up in the car. Well, I say this morning but it was more like almost afternoon at 11am.

It's made of lego- by Yakum01975, on Flickr

stary lights by Yakum01975, on Flickr

I was woke up by heavy rain battering down on the car's roof

Morning rain by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

A couple from my wild camping at the peak district this weekend.

midnightmine.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

catchingrays.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

moo.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-07-2013, 15:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X