Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooo, what did you get?

Comment

Entry for this month's AP Forum comp, the theme this time is "Square Format"

Originally posted by Brief
      Composing your shot to fit the frame is a key skill in photography. In our digital age we’re perhaps getting a little too comfortable with the standard rectangle format. It’s time to take it back and see what you can do with a square. 6x6 enthusiasts can manage it. Can you?
      Last edited by MartyG; 13-07-2013, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Ooo, what did you get?
        Just a beginner's camera really, its certainly got a lot more features than our last basic model though. The gf bought it as it was on offer and we have been after a better camera than ours for quite a while. It's the Fujifilm Finepix SL300

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Entry for this month's AP Forum comp, the theme this time is "Square Format"

Actually been cropping my pics in this format for the last few weeks. A lot of my shots have looked a lot better this way rather than a rectangle. Never hurts to shake things up once your comfortable I find.

Comment

Garden visitor this morning.

Canon 50D with 70-200mm f4 IS L.

Comment

I took my son down to the civic pool today. I was originally going to take my DLSR but then though against it. Luckily my phone is water proof to 10 meters so.....

The following two pictures are frame grabs from a 1080p video I was shooting in the pool.

You'd better move! by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Nirvana by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Lovely shots Yakumo;

Grabbed these of the Dreamliner on Saturday.

Last edited by Anpanman; 15-07-2013, 19:10.

Comment

Agreed, Yakumo those could be holiday brochure shots

Comment

I love the names of your pics, Yakumo, too!

Comment

Thanks, guys. They're not bad quality concidering they are from a phone camera. The odd thing is that the phone's HD video is amazing. Better than my 6 year old HD Panasonic camcorder !! But the stills it takes are really bad. I put it down to poor software since the same camera is used for video and stills.

Ampanman, nice plane shots. I really need to do some take off and landing shots one day. It's just getting my lazy arse to the airport.

Comment

Found this little fella in the garden too, turns out to be a Potter Wasp

Nikon D200 with 105mm Sigma.

And more Crane flies ...

Nikon D200 with 105mm Sigma.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung Galaxy S3

Canon A540

Comment

Cat kill, left in my garden :/

Comment

Dreamliner finally arrives at Birmingham

Air India B787 Dreamliner 1st flight into BHX by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Comment

Love the cat kill Marty, never would of thought to photograph something like that but its really unusual .

Was doing some repairs on my factory roof today and saw some nice angles so climbed back up with the camera.

This ones from a few weeks back now.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-08-2013, 16:16.

Comment

Thanks fishbowlhead.

I got a new lens today, it's a C Mount CCTV camera lens with an adapter for the Nikon V1 I got recently. It's a 25mm f1.4 lens giving an equivalent of an 85mm (thereabouts) on the V1. It takes forever to get from one side of the focus at near to far and it's all manual and no metering, so the sunny f16 rule applies, but that just makes it more fun and challenging

At ?20 it's obviously not the greatest piece of glass ever, but it seems to produce acceptable images with interesting properties - looking forward to giving it a proper go.

Last edited by MartyG; 02-08-2013, 19:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X