The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    I find it fine, all of these shots are with mine.
    That review correct in that the sigma is a macro too?

Comment

It's not a true macro as in 1:1 reproduction, but it gets quite close.

Comment

Looks perfect for what I need, combined with my little macro adapter itle be quite a versatile bit of kit. Now to save some pennies

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          [/URL]
          Love this one too - looks almost like it could be from a film camera too..

Decided to dust off the camera yesterday for the first time in months. Fell straight back to my comfort zone of minimalist long exposures, should try something new in 2014 !

Southend Pier:

Icon by GarySmith70, on Flickr

A smaller pier !

Slipping by GarySmith70, on Flickr
          Last edited by Garf; 16-12-2013, 19:03.

Comment

Always good to dust the camera off - I went for a wonder at Rutland Water, but blimey was a wind whipping up there and it was very grey, but that probably helped given it's quite a barren place.

Last edited by MartyG; 21-12-2013, 14:47.

Comment

Borrowed my pals canon 7d with his 50mm 1.4 to play around with today. Oh my, what an absolutely lovely camera and lens, perfect combo, I especially like the 7d, much nicer to hold than my d7000.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-12-2013, 20:51.

Comment

I've been researching a new dSLR myself and have come to the conclusion that the Canon 70D looks like the best bang for buck, has some really nice features too. I'm half tempted to hold off for a bit and see if there's any news surrounding a 80D or similar - Nikon have started releasing bodies with 1080p60 capture, although 1080p30 is more than enough for my intentions. Will grab the kit lens for now and maybe grab a 50mm later. 7 FPS capture seems like it would be aces for capturing the cosplay masquerades at anime cons.

Comment

Wish I'd had a tripod with me. Stunning evening, but the initial button press was enough to blur the shot.

P1030090 by charlesrodmell, on Flickr

Comment

Use the self timer Charles, I use if if I need to take low light shots, works well with a point and shoot too, just stick it on a photo mode that uses a long shutter speed and put the timer on.

Comment

Gah, I'm such an amateur. Thanks! Will remember that for next time.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        I've been researching a new dSLR myself and have come to the conclusion that the Canon 70D looks like the best bang for buck, has some really nice features too. I'm half tempted to hold off for a bit and see if there's any news surrounding a 80D or similar - Nikon have started releasing bodies with 1080p60 capture, although 1080p30 is more than enough for my intentions. Will grab the kit lens for now and maybe grab a 50mm later. 7 FPS capture seems like it would be aces for capturing the cosplay masquerades at anime cons.
                        There won't be an 80D for another year at least, the 70D was released half way through 2013. It's a solid camera and it's also unlikely that its replacement will be so much better it'd be worth waiting for, so I'd say go for it - you can't take photos with a non-existent camera

Comment

Sounds about the right time to buy then. I remember the D60's update came out shortly after I bought it which kinda sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Wish I'd had a tripod with me. Stunning evening, but the initial button press was enough to blur the shot.
                            I spy Orion in that pic Whereabouts are you? I'd kill for some clear skies like that here in London, but whenever I have free time to take the camera out for some astrophotography the stars are always hidden behind the clouds.

Comment

It helps when you are above the clouds

Comment

Ah yes, taking the clouds out of the equation probably does convey a bit of an advantage when it comes to clear skies

Comment

Working...
                                X