Yeah that is very cool Taka, Would have loved to have a look

Comment

3499-Edit.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

_-10-Edit.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_6016.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_5969.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_5709.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Really nice photos there boris. All have a nice natural, muted tone to them.

Comment

Thanks G, Maybe I need to recalibrate my screen

I've been experimenting with some different processing and color grading techniques, It's kinda interesting going back to old ones and seeing how my tastes have changed and that I think I've made a decent photo ugly previously.

Comment

Boris - Like that collection. Love that bird in flight photo - superb. The night sky is very nice too.

Taka - thanks for sharing that - sounds interesting and a cool photo.

Random selection of recent stuff - some from my D90, some from my phone - really enjoy the immediacy of using the phone to take and process stuff. On the flipside, am currently working my way through a roll of Portra in my Spotmatic, which usually takes me a few months to do - pretty much always forget what I have taken !

Tiny Lion by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Untitled by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Door by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Bright by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Garf View Post
              Boris - Like that collection. Love that bird in flight photo - superb. The night sky is very nice too.
              Thanks Garf, that is actually a composite image, one where the background was really boring and other one where the bird was a little out of focus and not in as good a pose

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                Yes, but not the DSLR one. They're not really a traditional tripod replacement as they're very short, but they can be useful for a carry with you support. With tripods it doesn't really pay to go cheap, especially given you're balancing a grand's worth of kit or more on them. I personally like Manfrotto tripod systems which you can swap the head on, but they also do entry level with fixed heads for around the ?60 mark. Giottos stuff is well regarded too and then there's the stuff from Gitzo but at a premium. These would last you a lifetime though. You also want to have a think about if you're planning to take it on a trek - they can get heavy which is where carbon fibre tripods are a bonus (and = more expensive).

I also had a play with some macro stuff this evening as round 5 of APoY has this as a subject - trying some concept stuff (it's a bit noisy due to high ISO because of low light), can you figure out what it is?

Edit: another try with some better lighting this time ...

The inside of a Slinky?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Lovely shot of the road? over the farmland, EvilBoris.

I took a few last night with the Xperia ZL2 to see how it handles night shots.

[
                  Im loving this shot so much the colours are so vibrant.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Im loving this shot so much the colours are so vibrant.
                    Reminds me of Rainbow Road!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      The inside of a Slinky?
                      Yes that's right (As noted in post #938 )

Comment

I should try reading!

That bird picture ended up on Flickr Explore today! yay!

Comment

I should try reading!

That bird picture ended up on Flickr Explore today! yay!
                          Was it a photoshop composit?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Was it a photoshop composit?
                            yes, a combination of these 2 photos I made

Comment

yes, a combination of these 2 photos I made

There was me thinking it was just a well composed image of the moment. Im not angry boris, just so disappointed .

Comment

Tis what all the pros do, it's scary just how much they can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X