The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, crikey!

Sad news, was probably going to get the new camera and lens later this year, not enough brass yet.

Comment

Cheer guys ill advise him on that they seem ok those dslrs. The daft thing was he sold his 550d last november, 3 weeks later his other half booked the trip for him as a surprise and all he has is a canon ixus, ha, sods law eh.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-01-2013, 15:39.

Comment

Anything with manual controls that'll let you set a long exposure. And a tripod.

Comment

You'll want a nice wide lens that is fast, also a really sturdy tripod.

Also a bit of luck that the actual things appear

Comment

Thats the thing its not a guarantee to even see them, every condition has to be spot on. I spent 2 weeks in Iceland last october and not a peep, yet the week before i got there it was crystal clear and appeared every night, go figure. Id seen them before though so it wasn't a massive deal to me.

Cheers guys helpful as always. Still got some more Iceland pics to put up will post a few soon.

Comment

I'm planning on going back this year, it's probably the nicest place I've ever visited.

Which is partially why new camera and lenses was burning in my mind. I've just ordered a 6D today after the ?800 kit did turn out to be too good to be true, and possibly a scam.

Comment

Ah well, at least you didn't get stung. Will be interested to see how you get on with the 6D.

Comment

I think John Lewis have made a mistake with the price match I did too, I think I may of got it ?200 cheaper than the price match!

Just gotta decide on what lens to get first now, I might actually end up getting the lens that comes with the Kit, despite having bought just body only.
                  I had a look through my library and only a very small percentage of the photos I take were at the full 200mm of my travel lens, and even when they were they weren't very sharp.

Comment

How annoying, just discovered I could of done a click and collect from store for my order and not had to wait 3-5 working days for delivery. The guy who took my order was stoned or something, it doesn't surprise me he failed to mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      I'm planning on going back this year, it's probably the nicest place I've ever visited.

Which is partially why new camera and lenses was burning in my mind. I've just ordered a 6D today after the ?800 kit did turn out to be too good to be true, and possibly a scam.
                      Same, such an amazing place, two weeks on my own flew by and i never really noticed i was alone driving around in my little yaris. My fuji x10 acquitted itself rather admirably too (thank god the barrel decided to jam after i go back). However the camera bug has bit and I've now got my eye on either a d7000 or a 7d, when will the madness end

Comment

Well I'm off to trade in my Canon 550d and Sigma 18-200mm DC OS for ?250 at CEX, if anybody happens to want it let me know in the next hour!

We are planning another Iceland trip for a couple of months time, which is why I wanted to upgrade

I shouldn't really complain about JL ineptituted, it looks like that very same ineptitude has save me ?400 off the retaila price..
                        Last edited by EvilBoris; 11-01-2013, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          I've now got my eye on either a d7000 or a 7d, when will the madness end
                          Rumours the D7k will be replaced this year with an updated version.

Comment

It's definitely due an update, but the D7000 is still a great camera, especially at the price they're selling for now. Any update is going to add another ?3-400 to the price.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              It's definitely due an update, but the D7000 is still a great camera, especially at the price they're selling for now. Any update is going to add another ?3-400 to the price.
                              Hopefully will lead to some d7000 bargains, im leaning more toward the nikon as its slightly better in low light than the 7d (on high iso's anyway), duel sd card slots plus its weather sealed, which is an important point for me as im always outside, better battery life than the 7d too. Though movies are better on the 7d.

Just noticed its selling for ?550 new on amazon (body), dam good price for such a lot of camera. So tempted to just slap it on the credy credit
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 11-01-2013, 14:32.

Comment

I doubt the D7000 will drop much further from its current new price with the introduction of a replacement, it's already at rock bottom price (though the cheapest I could see new was ?630). There are some bargains to be had 2nd hand though.

You can go DSLR for just ?70 now - well if you're prepared to use a Nikon D50 (my first DSLR which I gave to my bother). They're still perfectly serviceable; I still use a D70 and Fuji S2 Pro on occasion and my Fuji S3 Pro permanently has my Sigma 105mm macro lens attached to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X