No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. And funny you say that; he really did hang around. He landed right back where he was!

Comment

Did you not get out in the dawn sun this weekend?

Last edited by MartyG; 02-11-2015, 14:20.

Comment

As I pushed the SD card into my camera (Lumix GX1), I felt something weird, but by then it was too late. I think it was the write protection thing coming loose. I can't get the card back out (it pops out when you push it in, but then gets stuck when you try and pull it out completely). And I can't use the camera because it's write protected...

Anyone have any experience in fixing this sort of thing? I think if I pull it with pliers it will break the camera and card.

Comment

I've had the springs go on the card mechanisms before, here the card won't stay in because it doesn't latch. I ended up removing the spring from the mechanism, but that's not something you'll be able to do without taking the camera to pieces.

I'd suggest either take it to a camera shop or yank the card
          Last edited by MartyG; 12-10-2015, 08:20.

Comment

Heheh, ok. Camera shop it is.

Comment

Fixed! I found a forum post that said to slide a thin piece of plastic cut to SD size down inside with it and it came out easily.

The write protection bit is nowhere to be seen, but I can't hear anything rattling inside and another card goes in and out ok RESULT

Comment

Good job - will note that down should I have a similar problem.

Comment

Found recently that carrying a 50mm prime around on a 1.6x is really stupid - as I'm sure many of you will agree.

So I'm getting rid of my f1.4 50mm prime and have just received a Sigma 17-50 f2.8. Seems like a very nice lens for the money, should be ideal for tight shots at conventions and also video reviews I eventually plan to get off the ground!

Comment

If you're taking portraits, a 50mm is a great lens on a crop. Not tempted by the 18-35mm f1.8 then? http://www.sigmaphoto.com/18-35mm-f18-dc-hsm-a

Comment

I'd love that lens, but it is like 2.5x what I paid for the 17-50mm. I don't have the deepest pockets.

And yeah, it might be great for portraits but not for full body shots.

Comment

Couple from Pairs last weekend.

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 30-10-2015, 13:32.

Comment

Only two? Would have thought that would have produced quite a few shots

Some nice sun in the early hours of the morning.

Comment

I've got more to go through, but if I'm honest it was totally grey and overcast the whole 4 days and good photo ops were quite few and far as everything needed up looking just grey.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Found recently that carrying a 50mm prime around on a 1.6x is really stupid - as I'm sure many of you will agree.

I realise you said 'many' but I can't resist a good GIFing

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X