Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that bring a smile to your face 2. (The sequel)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I resigned from my company on Monday. Took this long to go from 'things that completely terrify you and make you cack your pants' to go from 'things that bring a smile'. Although I am still cacking my pants.

Comment

Good stuff DT - do you have something lined up?

Comment

Nope!

Hang on, I've done a crazy thing, haven't I?

Comment

I'm leaving my job after 20 years. Final week is next week. Bit scary but looking forward to taking the summer off with the family (we're also moving house this month so looking forward to rolling my sleeves up working on that too ).

Comment

20? Wow. Close to mine. I've been with my place for 18 years, led it for the last 10. I have forty staring me in the face and knew if I was ever going to take a chance on building something different, something even more of my own, it was now or never. And yet I found it so difficult to make plans while working.

So I made the leap. Now I figure out how to locate a parachute.

Good luck with your move!

Comment

Ha

My last day in my job is on the 4th July and that is 13 days off 23 years

Cracking myself but got an immediate pension so the house is safe

Got my first interview tomorrow so that will be interesting - tips please

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                I'm leaving my job after 20 years. Final week is next week. Bit scary but looking forward to taking the summer off with the family (we're also moving house this month so looking forward to rolling my sleeves up working on that too ).
                Eeee was that with all the changes? Will you be moving out of the area too?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  20? Wow. Close to mine. I've been with my place for 18 years, led it for the last 10. I have forty staring me in the face and knew if I was ever going to take a chance on building something different, something even more of my own, it was now or never. And yet I found it so difficult to make plans while working.

So I made the leap. Now I figure out how to locate a parachute.

Good luck with your move!
                  Yeah, I feel great now I've made the decision. I figured I could make a transition easier now than 10 more years down the line. I've just got to get my thinking cap on ... after a wee break.

Good luck with your plans too
                  Last edited by Atticus; 02-05-2013, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Eeee was that with all the changes? Will you be moving out of the area too?
                    Yeah, there just wasn't a way to make it work (the travelling didn't fit with home/family commitments). But I'm leaving on very good terms.

We're staying put in the area (only moving 2 roads away).
                    Last edited by Atticus; 02-05-2013, 09:50.

Comment

Are you going to open that pound shop that you have always dreamed about?

Comment

My 4 year old is learning about Dinosaurs at school. She drew a Stegosaurus.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                          Are you going to open that pound shop that you have always dreamed about?
                          I think Teesside already has one of those.

Comment

Not with you at the helm!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              My 4 year old is learning about Dinosaurs at school. She drew a Stegosaurus.

She's even drawn the legs in 3D. I was told that is quite the feat to be interpreting things in that way at such a young age.

Comment

Got my tickets for Star Trek at the glasgow science museum IMAX on the 15th May (the other halves birthday)

Glasgow science museum cinema pretty much destroys any odeon IMAX ive been to so she has never experienced it and it looks acers anyway so it should be awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X