• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    What are you getting then @Soundwave?
    It's a secret
    Well until tomorrow & I can get home in it & do some pics

Even work don't know what I'm getting

Looking forward to it...all I'll say is it has more power than the Golf had (Before the Turbo went obviously...now even I have more power than the Golf lol)

Neil

Comment

I fancy an Alfa giulietta.

Is a high mileage second hand one (petrol) too much of a gamble?

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
        I fancy an Alfa giulietta.

Is a high mileage second hand one (petrol) too much of a gamble?
        I was going to look at one but doing some reading on Honest John changed my mind

Apparently they can be prone to Gearbox failure

With an Alfa I would stay away from High Mileage, They could be getting into issues.

One I was going to look at here...

But reading up changed my mind

Neil

Comment

This is the one I was looking at

Insanely high mileage.

Comment

With any model you'll find some really high mileage ones on Autotrader, either used for commuting a long way or business mileage etc. Do you take the risk or go for a lower mileage one and hope it's more trouble free.
            You just never know with used cars as Colin's story with the Volvo confirms.

Mate says the RAC warranty is good when buying a used car, covers you for quite a bit, not looked in to it personally but probably will next time I buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
              This is the one I was looking at

Insanely high mileage.
              Wow that's mad that's over 25,000 a year...I'd consider that high mileage even for a Diesel let alone a petrol

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Wow that's mad that's over 25,000 a year...I'd consider that high mileage even for a Diesel let alone a petrol
                I'd pay maybe ?5 k for that. mileage with full history on a modern car? looks a tidy sort.

Comment

Speaking of dickhead drivers, one guy swerved right across us today and right back across to the outside lane missing another car by mere centre meters. Range Rover.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Speaking of dickhead drivers, one guy swerved right across us today and right back across to the outside lane missing another car by mere centre meters. Range Rover.
                    these cocks seem to do that. bags of power so probably get a chubby on pulling out being pinned to their seat.

it's those moments you'd love to deploy the forward facing rockets.

Comment

It was in pretty high traffic on the M3 also. Ridiculous. Wish I had a dash cam. My wife screamed in fear.

Comment

Need to wash my car tomorrow.

Up to Newcastle, Norwich and Nottingham this week has left it looking a right mess.

Comment

All I know is I was delighted to hand back the keys to my courtesy BMW today, I hope I never have to drive one again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            I was considering a Skoda for my new car, but went with the Polo 1.4 instead in the end. Enjoying it so far, decent consumption (I get around 50mpg), no complaints so far in performance and comfort. And if I shove another couple of grand into the deposit finance pot, should bring the monthly payments down to about 150.

Yep, definitely the case here, all the idiot, impatient Beemer drivers that would annoy you appear to be driving Audis now.
                            I went straight to VW finance but the low end polo's were too expensive for what I need it for and being honest if my job interview went okay I probably won't need the skoda but will have to keep it for another 3 years

The skoda greentech gets around 69miles per gallon, no road tax and drives alright - better than the viva that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                              If I was to get a Skoda it would have had to be a VRS & those are way too dear.
                              Why? What's wrong with a 1.0i or is it an image thingymabobs

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                                Why? What's wrong with a 1.0i or is it an image thingymabobs
                                Mostly yeah, I find the standard Skoda just looks so bland, the VRS kit really makes the difference plus I'd find the lower power engines would bore me after about a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X