Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were two Esprits today, this lovely V8 as well -

Comment

There's something about those old super wedge Esprits. Looks like a great selection at the meet.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Great photo!

I had a look on pistonheads. V8 for ?17k http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-354hp/3301063
        Those wheels...

Comment

The trader who has that Esprit is very well known for trying to sell previously written off cars without declaring their history, at one point I think they had six bodge job TVR's in stock.

Comment

Well, this is one of my shortest car ownerships ever.

Lotus made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a brand spanking new Evora 400, so I have just traded the white one in for this festive red, pick it up in a week and a half.

Comment

I like that I will umm and ahh for months on making a purchase and you can make a snap decision like that!

Lovely looking though- very seasonal!

Comment

It wasn't exactly a case of them phoning me and me saying yes there and then, there's been a whole week of negotiations but in the end I got it to a deal I couldn't say no to. And I said I would never buy a brand new car again as well.

Last edited by Colin; 12-12-2015, 18:47.

Comment

Hahah lame. You have no willpower.

Comment

Yes I do, it took me a week to break!

Comment

I took Lucy's car to Birmingham for the day yesterday. She took mine down the road to Portsmouth. Last thing she said was "Yours is reliable at the moment yeah?" It has been working fine, but the diff is getting a bit loose, so I just said yes.

She got back in the car to leave Portsmouth and the battery was completely dead. She called me to let me know I'm in the doghouse. I waited till I got home to let her know that I had kerbed one of her alloys quite badly.... I don't even get a doghouse now.

Quite shaken by lack of ability to notice a kerb, although it was dark, but I should probably give up now and just get taxis.

The recovery guy that rescued her told her she had left the lights on which had run the battery down. Quite annoyed me because it's almost impossible to do in an Impreza. You have to reach over the steering wheel and press a really difficult to reach button. Which she didn't do..... Anyway, he jump started and she drove home. Unfortunately turned off the engine before winding the windows up, so it spent today with a tarp over it in case of rain while it charged!

I think the alternator failed. The battery charged up ok.

Lucy told me I had to buy a new car..... I'm on Pistonheads now.
                      Last edited by charlesr; 13-12-2015, 17:58.

Comment

Honda CR-X, ye?

Comment

Ideally yes, or Supra / S15 / etc. and something else I can get the bike in.

Meanwhile, making enquiries about this:

I really want this S15, but it's sold already.

Comment

That S15 is beautiful wow.

Comment

That S15 is lush. The blue thing above it is absolutely digusting to look at but I'm assuming extremely practical!

Comment

It's an Impreza chassis with a raised and bigger shell, so it handles pretty much the same, but might be big enough for camping in France. It would also be quicker than mine (more power). Full details here: http://www.svaimports.com/cars/stock/forester-sti-2/

Last edited by charlesr; 14-12-2015, 11:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X