No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah glue Halfords and ramraid spring to mind when I see the civic.

Comment

An STI matches the golf spec for sure but the A45 is a fair bit better in performance terms. At massive cost of course.

Comment

I have said to my wife if i ever give up my bikes it would be a Scooby that would replace them. She looked at me in horror though, think they are too lairy for her.

Had a look at a few, seems a bit of a minefield though as there seem to be so many special editions out there.

The Civic is horrific, agree on that.

Comment

I like the new Civic...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            An STI matches the golf spec for sure but the A45 is a fair bit better in performance terms. At massive cost of course.
            For A45 money I’d be looking at a JDM Hatchback STI spec c, with tons of change to spare over the A45.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 26-03-2018, 11:52.

Comment

I love hot hatches. I love Honda. But if I was going to replace my Type-R with something new it'd probably be a Golf GTi. I like understated these days. Might be something to do with the fact I'm not 25 any more

Comment

The Subaru looks a bit crap though. Not type R crap, a different sort. Bit chavvy and I'm a bit of a snob so incompatible really. Same with an Evo, which I also considered. I realise I'm my own enemy here.

Comment

Cool! With the idea of buying one or just being nosey?
                  An SUV would easily be the most practical vehicle going forwards although I'm most interested in the performance version of the Model 3, which hasn't even been officially announced yet. Before that happens I need to know how the purchase model works as I'm likely going to have to wait three years after I put my deposit down... I just need to convince my wife that I can save up for the car and also buy a house in the meanwhile. I also want to know about any other incentives.

My end goal is the Roadster of course. I'm ten minutes drive from the autobahn so I'm missing out with not owning a stupidly fast car designed for bellends.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    An SUV would easily be the most practical vehicle going forwards although I'm most interested in the performance version of the Model 3, which hasn't even been officially announced yet. Before that happens I need to know how the purchase model works as I'm likely going to have to wait three years after I put my deposit down... I just need to convince my wife that I can save up for the car and also buy a house in the meanwhile. I also want to know about any other incentives.

My end goal is the Roadster of course. I'm ten minutes drive from the autobahn so I'm missing out with not owning a stupidly fast car designed for bellends.
                    Just get a cheap Scooby to rag on the autobahns. By the time your done having fun there will actually be some Tesla’s available for the non billionaire.

Comment

The Subaru looks a bit crap though. Not type R crap, a different sort. Bit chavvy and I'm a bit of a snob so incompatible really. Same with an Evo, which I also considered. I realise I'm my own enemy here.
                      You could get an almost new GolfR with a stage 1 or 2 tune for less than the amg?

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking the R would be cheaper to maintain too. Can't imagine servicing the Mercedes will be cheap

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I'd love to see that on advertising.

Comment

A friend has done an extension to his house although part of it is a sort of garage / art thingy.

He can choose from an A45 AMG, 340R or a couple of Ferraris (an old one and whatever the one below is)

Comment

That deff looks like an achievable diy project for the everyman if ever I saw it .

Cool idea though, would look better with a classic Ferrari in it though, we’ll, he’s gone that far, may as well do it properly 😁

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                I like the new Civic...
                                shhh.

You're not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X