shhh.

You're not alone.
    #me too.

Comment

The other one was a 348.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        #me too.
        I would like one too, especially after driving the previous Type-R, but it would probably need to be in black to hide the most offensive angles and surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          A friend has done an extension to his house although part of it is a sort of garage / art thingy.

He can choose from an A45 AMG, 340R or a couple of Ferraris (an old one and whatever the one below is)
          Couldnt care less about that munter of a Ferrari, but loving the 340r!

Comment

OK, the Golf R is pretty fab. Not the most exciting to look at but it drives great. In Eco mode it's just a regular car but in race mode it responds really quick to demands that it accelerate. I know it's not got the power that the A45 has but it felt easily as good to me and it actually sounds better when you floor it; a deeper rumble.

Usual problem arose of course, car salesmen. Why are they, without exception in my experience, absolute bell ends. Trying to trick me into all kinds of ****, talking about paint and fabric treatments and extended warranties before they're even found me an appropriate car? And then asking me how much I want to pay a month. Wtf? No mate, you tell me how much the car costs, WITHOUT all the extra **** you've added on. Their finance deals are a joke too. My bank will loan me the money needed for £15 a month less monthly payments... FOR ONE YEAR LESS PAYMENT PERIOD! Seriously. Then they find a car at another branch but won't get it down for me to drive unless I commit to buying it.

Comment

Isn't the noise fake on a Golf R?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                Isn't the noise fake on a Golf R?
                Not really. The car is sound insulated to keep it quiet. Outside it really is making a noise so in race mode they just have some sort of contraption to let the noise resonate make in. So, it is fake a bit I guess but not like some cars that produce it through the bloody stereo. There is some fakeness to it all though; 4 exhaust pipes? Not really necessary on a 2 litre 4 pot I imagine!

Comment

I believe it has a lump of plastic that rattles behind the dash. I think the Merc uses plumbed in sound.

Comment

Maybe yeah. My GT86 used to use pipes that fed into the car. You could block them off with little plugs.
                    Shame the dealer is such a dick. Feel like I need to buy from somewhere else instead now. Actually, the younger guy was doing ok, but his boss must have overheard our conversation and decided he needed to come in to "close the deal" whereas all he did was piss me off. Utter tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Maybe yeah. My GT86 used to use pipes that fed into the car. You could block them off with little plugs.
                      Shame the dealer is such a dick. Feel like I need to buy from somewhere else instead now. Actually, the younger guy was doing ok, but his boss must have overheard our conversation and decided he needed to come in to "close the deal" whereas all he did was piss me off. Utter tool.
                      What a nob head. Write to head office and name the salesman in question. No one wants people like that working for them. My new reaction to salesman is to put my finger up without looking at them and simply say I’ll stop you right there.

Back to the golf r. Sounds like you enjoyed the ride?

Comment

To be honest he sounded like 99% of main dealer salesmen. I suppose VW could always pack him off to the monkey smoke house

Comment

The guy we dealt with at VW when we bought our Tiguan [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] was an absolute pleasure. I can give you his mobile number if you like - St Albans branch so not a million miles away (sort of).

94 miles to be precise.
                          Last edited by Pavey; 31-03-2018, 22:48.

Comment

Saw a Tesla Model X in the wild this week.
                            Also back to leaning towards an Outback for the extra space and AWD.

Comment

Gravel Express!

Comment

Working...
                              X