No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American muscle cars are my favourites. The '78 Corvette Stingray being my all-time dream car. I don't care if they drive like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Hell yeah. Gotta be the 5 litre one of course.
      Buying a 2.3l ecoboost Mustang is just the wrongest of the wrong. My wifes aunt and uncle have a V8 over in Canada, they would never speak to me again if I bought the non GT!

Comment

Rollin’ in ma five point oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          This one is a wee bit hard to explain, a I dare say not many people here feel any love toward them, but I've always wanted a Mustang. A local dealership is doing some amazing deals on new 5.0 GT's right now before the new facelift comes out (I don't like the new one that's coming) and I've just been in to see about buying one, and my brother is going to do the same. So it may be bye-bye Aston, but the prospect of a double 'Stang north of Scotland road trip with my bro and our wives is just too much to resist.
          First car I drove after passing my test. Loved it. Scary as hell driving back from Lake Louise in the dark though, any second a deer could coming running out and suicide itself.

Comment

Buying a 2.3l ecoboost Mustang is just the wrongest of the wrong. My wifes aunt and uncle have a V8 over in Canada, they would never speak to me again if I bought the non GT!
            Imagine telling someone you had a Mustang, and they ask 5L... And you have to say no...

Tell us all about it mate. I think you may have underestimated the level of interest here

Comment

Not much to say at the moment. I've asked for a full spec car in three colour options in this order of preference -

Magnetic Grey
              Lightning Blue
              Black

Waiting on them getting back to me with what's available in their network, then it'll go on from there.

Comment

You gonna be tuning it?

Comment

Down the line maybe mate, not before warranty is done though. My brother on the other hand is already looking at bits.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    American muscle cars are my favourites. The '78 Corvette Stingray being my all-time dream car. I don't care if they drive like ****.
                    Uncle recently bought a 68 Ford Mustang GT Fastback. Bit nice.

Comment

Down the line maybe mate, not before warranty is done though. My brother on the other hand is already looking at bits.
                      Little bit of work and you could have yourself a real street sweeper.

Comment

I’ve always wanted a Mustang Fastback 67. Special is the only word I associate with that body.

However, I’ve never driven one and they may handle like a sponge with wheels, I’ve no idea. Anyone know what they actually drive like?

Comment

I've driven a '65 fastback in Chicago. It was pretty much what you would expect from a 60's car, but didn't stop me loving it. As in it wasn't exactly brilliant to drive. I would've bought one here long ago but just can't face the prospect of a LHD car in the UK.

Comment

I chuffing hate diamond cut wheels, we've got them on two of our cars. Just had to go in to Nissan as our 2016 Qashqai, every single wheel is corroding. On the plus side they're fitting a full brand new set, but it'll no doubt just be a matter of time before they need changing again, hopefully we'll have switched to the XC40 by then. (The Diamond cuts on our current 2016 Volvo are perfect to be fair) Possibly an irk thread post, but car related.

Comment

Ah, we were looking at the Qashqai, how do you find it?

(...we've pretty much settled on a 5-door Impreza though....)

Comment

They’re good enough cars mate, but nothing special. We have the top spec one so it has some of the nicer features like 360 degree camera, self park etc. I actually bought it as [MENTION=2447]EvilBoris[/MENTION] had been quite enthusiastic about his. It’s the first SUV type car I’ve owned and I’ve come to like it, but I’m looking to change it for something a bit more premium in the shape of the XC40.
                                Last edited by Colin; 16-04-2018, 13:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X