No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn’t British Racing Green originally an Irish thing?

Comment

My drive home tonight was Maidenhead -> Basingstoke. Should take 40 minutes.

2 1/4 hours later and I finally make it home. I'd have killed for an automatic. So much annoying stop/starting.

EDIT: I still haven't heard from BMW about a test drive. **** 'em. I'll buy something else.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        My drive home tonight was Maidenhead -> Basingstoke. Should take 40 minutes.

2 1/4 hours later and I finally make it home. I'd have killed for an automatic. So much annoying stop/starting.

EDIT: I still haven't heard from BMW about a test drive. **** 'em. I'll buy something else.
        Good news! The edit bit that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Good news! The edit bit that is.
          Was thinking the same thing. Buckets of crap new ones.

Comment

So I had the Mustang 5.0 GT out for the test drive this morning, it really is a bit of a monster. Just looking at the numbers before making a decision, and there are both plus and minus points about chopping the Aston in for it, might be a tougher decision than I thought if I actually want to change.

Comment

If you can tame that you will be a proper bronco buster!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                So I had the Mustang 5.0 GT out for the test drive this morning, it really is a bit of a monster. Just looking at the numbers before making a decision, and there are both plus and minus points about chopping the Aston in for it, might be a tougher decision than I thought if I actually want to change.
                There’s far too much thinking going on here Colin and not enough rash purchases of cool cars
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-04-2018, 12:27.

Comment

Thought I’d give sensible decision making a go.

Mustang could easily be a licence loser. Came out of a 30 in to a 60 today, car in front continued to dawdle around 35 and it was a nice opportunity for an overtake, good mile of clear road ahead. Made the move, put the foot down and was past in no time, incredibly linear delivery of power that made how the behemoth moved very deceptive. So deceptive in fact that when I looked down at the speedo expecting to see 60 I was shocked to see I was doing, ummm, a wee bit more than that. Some very serious grunt for such a heavy car.

Comment

Just think what it will be like when we tune it up into the Mustang SGS - Super Gran Special

Comment

Saw a red one today. Looked sweet. I imagine it handles awfully though? Not necessarily a problem depending on what you want I guess.

Comment

What a stupid comment to make.

Comment

Why is that a stupid comment? I haven't read up on them at.all, it.looks well cool, I know it's dead quick but it's bulk makes me think it'd handle like a barge. I did have a question mark on the comment in the hope someone would correct if necessary.

Comment

It's no more a barge than any other car at that spec. The handling has received glowing reviews.

Comment

Well thanks for the correction. Much more constructive than calling my comment stupid.

Comment

Think I might have a hole in the exhaust. Everyone is looking at me when I accelerate.

Comment

Working...
                                X