No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983: Tickford Capri, developed in conjunction with Aston Martin to produce a supercar for regular car money(ish). 205bhp, 140mph, 0-60 in 6.7 seconds. This was considered supercar performance lol.

Comment

I just had to do a 350 mile round trip yesterday for my brother to collect his 15th Capri. And you guys think I get through a lot of cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        1983: Tickford Capri, developed in conjunction with Aston Martin to produce a supercar for regular car money(ish). 205bhp, 140mph, 0-60 in 6.7 seconds. This was considered supercar performance lol.
        That’s still not bad really, I mean it’s not super car speeds, but for 1983 it’s flippig quick on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I just had to do a 350 mile round trip yesterday for my brother to collect his 15th Capri. And you guys think I get through a lot of cars.
          My dad had one of the first off the production line Capri xpack.

Comment

Aah! Want!

New & used American Classic Cars for sale - Free shipping on many items - Browse muscle cars & vintage cars on eBay

Why did I have kids again?

Comment

MENTAL. New lap record

Comment

Just watched that earlier on pistonheads, bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  So picked up the Golf R this morning. Ok, it's not my usual type of thing, but having just taken it up a bunch of B-roads I think it'll be quite an enjoyable little car to own.

And I won't deny it, I like some of the fancy tech it has, especially the virtual cockpit thingumabob.

Ooh! A very nice machine IMO. Super torque FTW.

I’ve not driven for a while. I’m looking at something stupid currently, but an M3 with all of the mods has got me smiling.

I should probably go all-out on the black F40 that I keep threatening myself with, but we’ll see.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

MENTAL. New lap record
                    That driver must have nerves of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      That driver must have nerves of steel.
                      A friend has a Caterham that does 0-60 in 3 seconds. He pointed out that the Porsche was going 100+mph quicker in places than he was

Comment

Just back from the Tesla showroom. Tried a Model S 75D and a Model X P100D. Even in the 75D it's VERY easy to lose track of your speed because of the lack of noise. 200kph felt like 80 usually does. Very, very comfortable drive (but then I've only ever driven ****e so WTF do I know?) - and I don't see how it's not possible to fall asleep behind the wheel when autopilot is engaged. As for the P100D I nearly jizzed myself - seriously, it's groin-tinglingly fast. Ludicrous Speed take-off feels like your body has left a part of your spirit behind at the starting point and it's not coming back. Crazy feelings.

Overall a lot of fun, although the X I drove weighs in at over €120K which is just not realistic at all right now, or ever really.

Comment

So, best family car for under £10k with no galactic milage?

Must be 4wd, must get at least 35mpg, no astronomical annual tax, needs to be an auto for the wifey, got to be big comfortable and practical. The best I can come up with is a mk2 X5 so any imput would be appreciated.

Comment

Skoda Superb - Meets all your requirements plus it is very roomy, big boot and tons of kit.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, certainly one for consideration

Comment

Working...
                              X