The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    If you like the 86, how about a 1000bhp Supra?
    Supra is my favourite car ever, can't wait to see the updated model next year.

S2000 = rev to 9000, change up a gear, rinse and repeat

Comment

S2000 is the motorbike of the car world. I was at a trackday with the S2000 owners club. They were having so much more fun than anyone else, many of them in standard trim (apart from tyres).

Comment

And I think a tidy one can be picked up for about six grand nowadays.

Comment

Once you get your head round how to keep an S2k in the power band and pull the most out of it's performance, they are an absolute riot to drive. They can be 'effing evil in the wet, I remember spinning my first one quite badly, but in the dry they are one of the best handling cars around. I don't think you'd get a really nice one at ?6k, and unfortunately the cheaper ones are now falling in to the hands of the max power brigade who just don't get the car.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            I'd quite like a 22B, but you could buy 10 of my car for the same price

I really, really, really want a 22B.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

There used to be one parked near my local train station.

At the time I didn't realise how few were imported here.

You're right to want one though, simply stunning. Remember getting one as a prize in Gran Turismo 2 also.

Comment

Might look a bit "Essex" parked next to a GT-R though. Considering I don't even drive the Nissan, it could be money better spent on Nikes.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 23-12-2013, 22:57.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The car thread 2.

Charles.... Our tastes are so different. Every pic of every car you've posted is hideous lol. I realise I'm on my own as others seem to like them too though!

That s2000 wasn't bad though. Gonna google that now.

Also, the link Charles posted to the gt86 supercharge kit was very interesting. 50% more power. Rawrrrrr!!!

Edit: Decided earlier that I need four (well, 3 will do) seats so s2000 is out.
                  Last edited by Brad; 23-12-2013, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Might look a bit "Essex" parked next to a GT-R though. Considering I don't even drive the Nissan, it could be money better spent on Nikes.
                    GT-R are pretty classy though. Definitely more impressive than previous Skyline - although of course the price tag is also more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      GT-R are pretty classy though. Definitely more impressive than previous Skyline - although of course the price tag is also more impressive.
                      We deffo need a like button.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

At the time I didn't realise how few were imported here.
                        It's not just that few were imported. There were only 400 ever made.

Comment

The GT-R is not as amazing as the R34 was, especially at the time.
                          The electronics and engineering in the R34 are simply amazing and the power the RB26 can be modded to massive power without internal modification.

The GT-R is a supercar. Large displacement, price tag and repair costs. It still offers better value than most cars in its class, despite an ugly front end.

Comment

Brad, how about an Ariel Atom?

Or probably more useful, at your 20k budget, a Nissan 370Z which will be much more of a serious car than the BRZ/GT86:

Or save a few bob and get a Nismo 350Z instead and use the spare cash for tyres and trackday funds:

I've driven a 350Z in various states of trim on the track (Goodwood and Silverstone) and it's really easy to drive hard and not too sketchy on the limit with the right tyres.

These will be pricier to run then the 86/brz though (tyres, fuel, insurance, parts).

Comment

I forgot about the 370Z. Fantastic looking car in the flesh in the right colour (not black!), haven't driven one though.

You can get an XK like this from ?15k. V8, lovely noise, bit more special and has more than two seats like you asked.

Last edited by Colin; 26-12-2013, 22:50.

Comment

350 is a great car

get an import 350z just so You could tell people You drive a fairlady

Comment

Working...
                                X