The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Did you take a test drive? What's it like?
    Yeah it's quite a nippy good handler and sonds good too. When I get it I'll whack some pics up.

Comment

I've ended up settling on the top of the range 2014 qashqai. It has all the gadgets so is a winner

Comment

Toaster? Good car though.

Comment

Considering yet another car change myself, went to buy another last Saturday but it was sold when I got to the dealership.

Comment

You should have had a faster car to get there in.

Comment

What's next Colin?

My Scoob just hit 140k

Comment

Comment

Funny video Charles, could have been much nastier. Links to some other decent road rage clips once it ends also.

Re your 140k, woman at work has a Ford Puma, W reg with about 155,000 miles on the clock, never has anything go wrong with it, and sails through MOT's bar the usual consumables. She won't get rid of it until it goes bang.
                  Last edited by VR46; 28-03-2014, 12:13. Reason: can't spell won't spell

Comment

Yeah, I like that policy. The impact on the planet of buying a new car is monstrous. In my head, I offset the nasty 23mg I'm getting at the moment (race gearbox has dropped it down from 27.... ooops), against the fully green electricity I buy. There are plenty of old scoob parts about and when the engine goes bang, I can drop a 2.2 forged 400bhp effort in instead

Comment

Hahaha, man, that video is so funny. Serves the Walker right. Oh man, that was pure class.

Comment

I keep taking a look in here. Love seeing what peeps are trying out. I've tried to be more sensible about my car choice (I don't drive far and doubt I'll ever drive fast) but everything bar the GT86 looks crap! Well, not crap but I couldn't bring myself to spend any reasonable money on anything that isn't an 86. Still looking though.

Comment

That's about 26p a mile Charles, sure you wanted to hear that of course. Roughly double the cost of my 1.4 litre Peugeot diesel.

Re the GT86 yes it is a lovely car, are GTR's down to anywhere near their prices yet? Can't really think of much else around there off the top of my head, a new shape Cayman S, Evora, 370Z, Z4?

I test drove a VX220 earlier in the year, always fancied one, not many about nowadays and around ?10k+ for a decent one.

Comment

Heh, the per mile cost doesn't really bother me. The car costs so little to run. I've spent ?13k on it in total (tyres, upgrade / replacement parts, servicing, paint, MOTs etc,) since I bought it in 2007. Some people spend that every year and half. If I was commuting, I think I would have bought something else though.

Comment

My one concern about getting anything even remotely quick is that I might start driving like an absolute cock.

Charles' logic works for me too. I do so little miles that petrol costs aren't a huge concern.

Comment

What is your insurance like Charles, guess not too bad with your area and age etc.

Brad, sure you would be OK, get a motorbike if you want to be really push it, when I think back to my younger days and doing stand up wheelies on an R1 down the A3 is a wonder I'm still alive let alone have a licence.

Comment

Working...
                                X