No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I went for the Top model in the end, even a Golf kitted out to the same level was like ?33k, which is about ?4k more.

Pretty much name a bit of kit and it has it on the Tekna model, Leather seats, Panoramic Roof, 19inch alloys. Parks itself, brakes itself and everything else is auto this, keyless that and 8 cameras that assist in various aspects.

I wasn't sure if I had made the right decision, but so far it's had glowing reviews and outclassed anything else that it goes up against.

Not as exciting as a GT86, but I'll be able to fall asleep at the wheel, which is what I need as I've done 110,000miles in under 3 years.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 09-07-2014, 17:23.

Comment

That's actually really nice.

Comment

Yes styling of them has improved greatly over the years.

Boris I used to have a job where I did 3000 miles a month too, on a motorbike. Takes it's toll I know.

Comment

It's my excuse for my slight insania.

TommyG, you got your Golf R yet?

Comment

I actually got a text yesterday morning saying it's in transit to the uk, so I emailed he dealer today and he replied saying its on schedual for end of July delivery. Can't decide if I want to keep or sell the porsche though...

Comment

Was looking at the new Leon ST but it has one flaw that made it a non starter. You can't adjust the height of the seatbelt reel on the B-pillar. I'm 6'2" and it was ok for me but the good lady is about 5'5" and the belt was cutting across the neck just below her ear. Silly thing to cut corners on SEAT.

Comment

One for you Brad:

Comment

Haha! That's awesome!

Comment

Ordered. Got to wait til 2nd August to get it though. So excited!

Comment

Very nice, like the video Charles posted too

Comment

Freaky levels of awesome in that colour.

Comment

Just did all the paperwork. Special vip day at the dealership. Not sure what it all.meant but I was met by ant and Dec on the way in and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were there too (cardboard versions)

Ready for collection when I get back from the states. Sorry to bore you all but I've never had a new car before so I'm like a kid at Christmas

Comment

Those wheels are an abomination. Stunning car. Needs some Rays Engineering goodness.

Comment

Used that site to take a few pics.

Comment

I've just finished reading the thread so I thought I'd contribute.

I bought a 2007 Clio 197 F1 Team a few months ago. The honeymoon period is over and I can now be honest about it. The ride is rock solid, drive over a pot hole and your spine sure knows about it. Around town is a chore, especially if the engine is cold, it bucks and kangaroos in 1st and you feel like a right tit. It likes the expensive 99 octane stuff as well... Parking usually takes 2 attempts as the turning circle is huge... Motorway speeds are a pain as you're sat just below 4k in 6th at 70mph and the interior is typical Renault plastic.

But find a good road (A686 is only a few mile away) and it's one of the best driving experiences you'll have. The cup chassis pretty much transforms it into a road legal track car, the way it glides through a corner only for the fwd to pull you out and surge you down into the next corner has to be experienced.

It's only a little 194 bhp 2.0 na engine but it really is a little beast. Perfectly set up and a real confidence inspiring car.

Comment

Working...
                                X