The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been eyeing this up.

Can't fathom why it's so cheap though as every other Jazz like that seems to go for ?6k+

Comment

Me and a Cayman on the A40 this morning, struggling to get by a couple of small cars and a truck when and GT-R approached from behind and showed us how to do it, sailing past all 5 of us in a couple of seconds lol.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        But the old model looks much better imho
        Definitely.

When I finally have enough cash together I'm chopping in the Golf GT (which is an abhorant piece of **** IMO) to get a Diesel FR
        Would like a Cupra K1 but the additional running costs would just kill me these days.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Me and a Cayman on the A40 this morning, struggling to get by a couple of small cars and a truck when and GT-R approached from behind and showed us how to do it, sailing past all 5 of us in a couple of seconds lol.
          I love how in the Porsche and Audi, he looks very composed and relaxed, but in the GTR is putting the fear of god into him every time he touches the throttle. 750bhp will do that though.

Comment

lol

0-60: 2.7s
            0-100: 5.7s

Comment

Love the way he just stopped talking when he was i the GT-R :-D
              Like that guy, could listen to him talk about cars all day.

Comment

How about this Pete? R34 looks, GTT price.
                It's pretty much the same as the 1.4L Seat you want. If you squint, it's the same....

?12k lol

Comment

Would love a Skyline GTR, have been tempted a few times but my sensible head has got in the way. Still have a look every now and then though, one day i will cave in.

Comment

Bloke near me has a lovely white Skyline from about 1995, must drink petrol for fun, whenever I see him, he's tootling around at 30mph in about fourth gear to keep the revs down, defeats the point of having one totally.

Really is a car brought to the attention of the western masses by Gran Turismo 2.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                      Bloke near me has a lovely white Skyline from about 1995, must drink petrol for fun, whenever I see him, he's tootling around at 30mph in about fourth gear to keep the revs down, defeats the point of having one totally.
                      Toyota have a blog where they were interviewing people about their GT86s. One guy boasted that he was getting 45mpg from it and I thought exactly the same thing. I'm getting about 32mpg because I drive it like I stole it, as you're supposed to.

I like that new Lexus RC. Looks like a classier 86 but with a 5 lite V8 lol:

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post

Really is a car brought to the attention of the western masses by Gran Turismo 2.
                        UK driving defeats the point of owning the vast majority of cars.
                        It's what you do with it away from the road that matters. [emoji3]

Comment

My brother shifts all the way up into 5th when driving along normally (40 or so). He's got some Polo but he's saving to buy a new Golf because his Polo is apparently gutless.

I'm not sure he understand how gears work.

I'm hoping to get some kind of 90s Civic, though I'll be helped with the purchase by Mum so I think she'll not want anything older than 10 years which is a little annoying as slightly more modern Civic look like Granny cars.

Comment

My wife drives like that, is always in a gear (or maybe two) too high, if you need accelerate through an amber light or something you're screwed as it's so bogged down in the revs around the 2000 mark.
                            She shifts up to fifth at about 35 to 40 too. I'm usually still in second at that point

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              My brother shifts all the way up into 5th when driving along normally (40 or so). He's got some Polo but he's saving to buy a new Golf because his Polo is apparently gutless.

I'm not sure he understand how gears work.

I'm hoping to get some kind of 90s Civic, though I'll be helped with the purchase by Mum so I think she'll not want anything older than 10 years which is a little annoying as slightly more modern Civic look like Granny cars.
                              Looking for a Honda Civic? Find your ideal Honda Civic from top dealers and private sellers in your area with PistonHeads Classifieds.

Looking for a Honda Civic? Find your ideal Honda Civic from top dealers and private sellers in your area with PistonHeads Classifieds.

What you really (don't) need is this though. http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-...16-16v/7528881

Last edited by charlesr; 01-09-2014, 13:38.

Comment

I used to drive my Focus like that because no matter where the revs were at it was pretty lame. Now - unless I'm on a motorway - I'm between 4000 and 7000, where it's fun

Comment

Working...
                                X