No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The race gearbox makes mine useless on the motorway at 70mph. Even in 5th, the revs are so high the turbo is already spooling and all it wants to do is go faster and make lots of noise. It's pretty much fun everywhere lol.

Comment

What's the cornering like Brad? Have you braved the limits of traction yet?

Comment

Your Subaru sounds a right handful!

It corners like a really grippy go-kart. I'm pushing more and more but haven't even got a tyre squeal yet (other than when I floor it coming out a roundabout). I was worried the back would slide about all the time but (of course) it only does that if you lay the power down. Considering it's got Prius tyres on there I'm very impressed. I think it says a lot about the basic design and balance. I have to keep telling myself that the "slow down" signs at approaching tight bends don't really apply any more

Just found out that the girlfriend fancies trying a bit of motorsport so I'll try and get us to a track day where I can test the limits in a safer environment. She specifically mentioned banger racing but we'll see! So far though yeah... I love it! Have you posted any pics of your car previously Charles?

Comment

Not sure. It's an odd looking car (wagon version so I can throw the mountain bike in the back). Standard exterior apart from P1 wheels, induction kit scoop and Prodrive stone guards. And LED sidelights....

Last edited by charlesr; 01-09-2014, 15:07.

Comment

That's not the WRC blue is it? Or is it a trick of the light? Looks darker and I like it. I'd have gone for the wagon had I got one. Not a fan of the picnic table spoiler on the saloons!

Comment

If you ever played Gran Turismo you would know that isn't the WRC blue!

I used to effing love Subaru in Gran Turismo. So much fun.

Comment

The Legacy in the carport in the background is the only Legacy available in WR Blue.
                Mine is the darker "Deep Blue Mica" - took ages to find one, because most of the blue Impreza are in WR.
                Basically two cars the complete opposite of what most people get!

Lambo replica based on MR2:

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  It corners like a really grippy go-kart. I'm pushing more and more but haven't even got a tyre squeal yet (other than when I floor it coming out a roundabout). I was worried the back would slide about all the time but (of course) it only does that if you lay the power down.
                  You're not trying hard enough.

just drove the Aston back from collecting at the dealers to York. Work can't end quick enough tomorrow for me to have four days off enjoying it.

Comment

Just got home after a drive in my misfiring Focus.

I hate this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      You're not trying hard enough.

just drove the Aston back from collecting at the dealers to York. Work can't end quick enough tomorrow for me to have four days off enjoying it.
                      Lovely Make sure you post some pics. To annoy Martin more ;-)

Comment

I bet that Aston doesn't misfire etc.

Comment

Every time I want to post a car update Colin comes along and talks about his Aston! Damn you.

Anyway, I've ordered a Leon. Decided not to lease in the end and got a pretty good deal, more money off and extras for nothing. Wondering if I could have pushed them further but whatever, have to draw the line somewhere! Should have it in two weeks or so. First new car

Comment

Rocking! Pics when it arrives.

Comment

Sorry Pete. Sorry Martin.

Though I've just driven the new (used) car 250 miles home and it was epic! Will have to now remove the 33 million dead flies from the front of it tomorrow though! Another couple of pics though I suppose you'll be sick of seeing it now.

Lovely place to be.

It's a 2 previous owners car, just a shade over 24k on the clock now and with a full Aston Martin service history which has clearly been well looked after. Tucked up in the garage now, happy boy. I have the rest of the week off to play!

Comment

/Me hammers the like button. You just cannot go wrong with an Aston. Did they make any duff cars?

Comment

Working...
                                X