No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice plate, RE51 EVL is another good gaming one.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Only on good cars.
      Haheahehaqhahrofl.

Anyway, I used it on mine. Worked a treat.

Comment

I used a clay mitt rather than a bar. You can actually feel the rough surface as the contaminants come off. Quite therapeutic

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
          Nice plate, RE51 EVL is another good gaming one.
          B10 HZD too.

Comment

Finally watched the second part of Idris Elba: King of Speed and there's a lovely section where he meets a couple of drifters - Steve Biagioni and Keiichi Tsuchiya. They proceed to jump in a pair of GT 86s and do some tandem drifting around a car park and it's amazing.

Take note, Brad!

Comment

How can I watch the whole thing? I don't have discovery channel.

Comment

It was on BBC2 originally Brad.
                Was a good two part show, especially the East London parts I recognised.

Comment

Cheers. I'll google it on yahoo

Comment

I've posted here in the past about getting audio from my phone (Spotify) to play through my car speakers. I tried the FM method, but the experience of the two gizmos I bought, I have come away unimpressed. Mostly because of interference.

Should I bite the bullet and get a new car stereo which has an audio input, is there an impressive speaker I can use (not sure about this), or is there another gizmo out there that can come to my rescue?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      I've posted here in the past about getting audio from my phone (Spotify) to play through my car speakers. I tried the FM method, but the experience of the two gizmos I bought, I have come away unimpressed. Mostly because of interference.

Should I bite the bullet and get a new car stereo which has an audio input, is there an impressive speaker I can use (not sure about this), or is there another gizmo out there that can come to my rescue?
                      I have an old Audi (08 model) and have the same problem! Any magical way to fix it..... or do we need new stereos..

If a new stereo: I have the Bose amp and speaker upgrade, and I quite like the sound quality. Can you just connect another setero to that? Or do I need to remove the amp too?

Comment

I had the same issue with my older car that I can't swap out as it's built into the dashboard.

I bought this for ?20 and it's TRANSFORMED my travelling experience!

I had to burn everything to CD format, so audiobooks were about 15 discs long!
                        • This has a Micro SD slot on the top, so you can put MP3 files on that.
                        • There's a standard USB slot at the bottom, so you can plug a USB stick in or power a device, I charge my phone or connect the satnav to it.
                        • It's Bluetooth too, so I connect my phone to it. I can stream music to it, either on the device or on a station not on the FM band using the relevant app - Kerrang, Absolute (with all the decade stations - 90s FTW!) and TuneIn Radio Pro.
                        • Whatever is playing gets transmitted, so if you're using GoogleMaps as your satnav (very good!), it plays through the speakers.
                        • It works as a handsfree phone kit too with an answer button and a hang-up button.
                        • It comes with a remote control for skipping folders and tracks etc.
                        • The screen has lots of info - transmitting frequency, file name, number of files in a folder and which one you're up to, USB or Micro SD connected, Bluetooth status and so on.

Downsides:
                        • You're still reliant on FM clarity, so it can get a teeny bit fuzzy on audiobooks every so often. I've never lost the signal or had to retune though, even on a trip to Scotland and back.
                        • There's no fast-forward/rewind, so if you're trying to get to the solo in Freebird or to the end of a one-hour audiobook chapter, you'll have to sit it out. I find pausing before switching off the engine always saves my progress.
                        • There's a lot of info to fit on a small screen, so glancing at the track number and names is pretty tricky, although my stereo itself displays the name of the track being played.

For just under twenty notes, I've found it to be incredible and I've been able to listen to audiobooks, Bandcamp downloads, radio apps, local albums and use it as a phone kit. Very pleased with it!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

What car do you have?

Comment

Felt weird renewing my car tax earlier and being told no tax disc will be sent.
                            No doubt more and more number plates will be stolen for this purpose and the usual petrol pump driveaways.

Comment

Apparently tax doesn't transfer to the new owner of a car too.

Which means that'll be an extra cost - I can't see car prices falling to compensate.

Comment

Didn't know that, not that they get much from our house, wifes car is tax exempt due to disabled son and my car is ?30 a year due to it's low emissions (1.4 diesel) - guess they've not seen the smoke it chucks out when you hit the rev limiter in first!

Comment

Working...
                                X