No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should probably go in the irk thread. Clutch just went on the Vantage, a very expensive repair.

The next part could go in the smile thread, dealership is paying for it.

Comment

Kerching, dread to think what that would cost, considering mine was ?500 on a Peugeot a couple of months back.

Comment

Looking at ?2.5/3k

Aston Martin have a technician on the way to me now, it's actually a winner if I get a free new clutch out of it............

Comment

Surely you should if it has gone already right?

Comment

Yes, but it's only a win if I don't have to pay. They're slippery eels car dealerships. That said I have the sale of goods act on my side.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. It has gone far too quickly to be acceptable.

Comment

The Vantage is a lovely looking car but I've been looking at Aston's myself and I think the Volante is more up my street. Anyone had any experience with it?

Comment

I drooled on one in the showroom, though not sure that helps you much?

Comment

So Aston Martin phoned me about an hour ago, I need a new clutch, flywheel and gear linkage. Think it's looking like ?4k+ to repair, and I'm not paying a penny of it, get in!

Comment

Win!!

Comment

Good news Colin, least you know that won't all need replacing again while you own it and will help with resale value

Comment

Watched the 2 Idris King of Speed things. Fun to see the 86s drifting about. He wasn't really a king of speed though. I actually thought he came across as a bit of a prat; ending up rolling that car because he clearly wasn't heeding the advice of the rally driver and instead wanted to 'push himself'. He's quite a likeable chap though and it was an enjoyable couple of episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Looks like you have an RCD200

It looks like you can add an Aux input to it
                            such as
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Releas...item2ecad97e13
                            Update...I've gone and bought an aux input adapter kit from eBay. Should be here anytime now. I look forward to installing and failing lol

Comment

Car lost power to the wheels shortly after dropping to 2nd today. Don't know why. Went back to normal after changing to third. Maybe I didn't get it into 2nd properly.

Comment

Maybe you didn't engage the gear properly and it hit the rev limiter?

Comment

Working...
                                X