No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just me laughing at myself for how much owning cars like that always has it's ups and downs Brad, I haven't gone this long without driving it since buying it so you never know. She's safely tucked up at home, or at least better be!

Comment

I'd be prepared to put up with a fair bit of nonsense to drive that mate. Bloody gorgeous.

Comment

MR is even worse the FR in bad weather. Slight camber change and it drags the car all over .

Comment

Found Lucy's old CR-X, alive and kicking!

And here it is, back in the day (20 years ago?), along with my old ZZR600.

Comment

Man I owned so many MKII CR-X's. I still find myself looking at the for sale sections for them in several places, even though the last thing I need is ANOTHER car.......

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Man I owned so many MKII CR-X's. I still find myself looking at the for sale sections for them in several places, even though the last thing I need is ANOTHER car.......
              I would be happy with one that runs at the minute (I blew mine up this weekend and it will be Saturday when it's fixed at the earliest how I am looking forward to walking to work this week and a ?500+ bill)

Comment

You know you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  lol. I'm trying to track down the owner. Might buy it off them.

Meanwhile, there's this: http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/ind...NTEI=&CSHOSHO=

The ones to get are the SiR EF8 models. Mugen or Spoon kits are nice, but have to be really well done.

Comment

Thankfully I can't read a bit of Japanese. Couple of those SiR's look nice, just need some of the tat removing. Pink wheels?

Comment

Should have left a note on the windscreen Charles, "If you're looking to sell blah blah blah".

On another note, has anyone here driven or owner a 350Z or 370Z? just curious what they're really like to drive.

Comment

Terrible timing however as this will be a summer car. And this is how she will look until come May:

Last edited by usman; 03-12-2014, 02:34.

Comment

I like it. Random 6 cylinder tiny engine Did you take the pics?

I've driven a 350Z at Goodwood and Silverstone, but it was track prepped (not road legal, i.e. ), so tough to tell what a road version on the road would be like. My thoughts were "How on earth do they make something this heavy handle so well?"

It stopped really hard in a straight line and hung on in corners far better than it should and when you give it a bit more throttle than the tyres could handle on the way out, it warned you quickly to counter steer. Much like my car, it needs a smooth turn-in though - you can't chuck it in like a Caterham or Elise. It holds a line like a train.

A friend had a Nismo kitted version for the road and loved it. I think the Nismo kit is essential - it's soooo much better looking than the standard car.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 02-12-2014, 08:29.

Comment

I considered 350 or 370 but everyone said they felt too heavy. Should have taken a test drive really.

Comment

Nah, you chose the better drivers car by far.

Comment

Yeah I reckon so but I feel I should have at least given it a go. Can't wait til summer again!

Comment

Working...
                                X