No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I click the link will I hear a car over the wind noise this time?

Comment

That IS his engine sound

Comment

It's like that Audi Le Mans car (how did they do that?)

Comment

Someone hit my car today, nothing too serious but they damaged the wing mirror to the point it won't fold in and is clearly lifted from its hinge.

A witness took the plate and left a number as naturally the driver didn't stop.

What are my options and what should I do? The car is fairly worthless really, my 98 Focus.

Comment

Quite a lot of grief (small claims court etc). Maybe a breaker's yard or Ebay for replacement wing mirror?

Comment

You could let your insurance company track them down and punish, is it worth the hassle though?

Comment

I'm not so bothered about the part to be honest. More the principle but I don't want to claim against my insurance.
                Perhaps just notify police?

Comment

Can anyone help me understand why countless numbers of german car owning idiots are making their car look super awful with these black bonnet brow things? And what are the two little bits that stick up from them for?

It appears they are to guard against stone chips. But taking a dump on the bonnet covering the bonnet with an ill fitting horrific looking bit of material is not a solution.

Comment

I have no idea, they've been a big thing in America for years, ridiculous looking. The thing is, people think they're protecting their bonnet, but when they finally remove them, more often than not the part that was covered is then a different shade from the rest of the bonnet due to UV light etc.

I don't know what it is, maybe like VR46 always says and it's an over 40 thing, but I really want a 2003-7 vintage XJR right now.

Comment

Stone chips are part of car life - bonnet respray after 5 years if you are really that bothered. Or drive further back from other cars....

Comment

I never knew what they were for; only that they look stupid.

Comment

There's a supercar showroom just round the corner from my house. Not been in before. They had a 1400bhp GTR.... 0-60 mph 2.28 secs | 0-100 mph 4.14 secs | 0-150 mph 7.39 secs

They also had a mirror wrapped R8 and a pearl wrapped GTR.

Comment

Love that bottom GTR!!!

Comment

Can hardly wait for tomorrow, finally drive something half decent again!

Comment

Saw a mirror wrapped 911 Turbo down Soho one time. Flash git.

Comment

Working...
                                X