No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure of the exact model as it's sold as a kit for the car. They are big yellow ones with a holographic nurburgring sticker on.

Comment

Lovely car. Lucy loves it.

Comment

I reckon I could beat you on the grades!

Comment

Car looks good Charles, please tell me the chavvy plate isn't yours though!

Comment

Haha that conversation has already been had!

Comment

lol, no. Owner kept those "D. Swift" is his name.

Comment

Very nice indeed and will look much nicer once those plates are off

Comment

Wait.... what???!!?? The control unit (cd/radio) is a McIntosh and is ?900 It also has a custom McIntosh speaker install and the most amazingly stealth McIntosh sub in the boot. Check out their dealer page for pics of some crazy home installs

It also has a MD player. Win! (that's minidisc, not megadrive)

Info screen is all in Japanese. I'll need help with translation from pics soon

Comment

McIntosh stuff is first class. That's a very nice wee bonus.

Comment

All sounds mighty fancy, when I got my car it didn't even have speakers or a radio

Comment

There's a button on the dash to call a real person and ask them for directions. "Tm"
                        Only works in Japan though

Comment

I'm in the market for a factory Porsche 930 Flachbau. I've found out that there are lots of conversions. This is not good for the money that is burning a hole in my pocket.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

IIRC the flat nose was called the Turbo SE in the UK. 330 bhp engine as well. Not exactly a common model as it was considerably dearer than a regular turbo. Good luck getting a genuine flat nose.

Comment

Turbo SE is correct. There were less than 70 UK factory spec units produced from what I can gather. There's only one 930 that is faster, a 2mph advantage. A single second sprint advantage doesn't bother me too much, unless one pulls up next to me at the lights of course. I'll find one. My friendly neighbourhood dealership will be accommodating I reckon, especially if I cut in my Turbo. I'd probably sell my plate too.
                              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 03-06-2013, 21:05.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                                I ultimately became very bored with the 911. It's not that it isn't a good car, it quite clearly is, but for me personally I couldn't form any kind of an attachment to it. They're incredibly capable, yet completely without any personality. I've owned a reasonable amount of 'proper' sports cars at various price ranges, the Porsche has been my least favourite. After selling the 911 I test drove a few other models (Boxster, Cayman), and just took the same impression from all of them. Not for me.
                                Really Colin? You had a Carrera though non? I can kinda see where you're coming from. Though I've just seen your RS4 pics, and I am rather tempted I must say. Probably a little large for me though. I don't need a boot, or space for kids.

My Mrs. has the top of the range BMW Z4. It's a hairdressers car, but I like putting it into sport mode. I've come close to spinning it too. Porsche's don't do that.
                                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 03-06-2013, 21:15.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X