The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    *Charles, this is your invite to start posting a bazillion pics of weird modified Japanese boy racermobiles.
    Awesome.

Comment

Another 300ZX fan here, have always liked them, along with nice Supra's.

Comment

Alfa 4C Colin, my next car will either be one or a Cayman S, if i can persuade my missus to get a bigger car.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          It's a puzzler to be honest, there aren't many fun cars that you don't look a twonk in as a more.......er............mature man. I'm going to have the XF as the car with a bit of refinement and class
          Without trawling through the thread looking for pics, what type of XF have you got Colin?

I've been looking at a few on Autotrader to get a flavour. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Comment

Haven't collected it yet Grover, but an XF Sportbrake 2.2TD.

Comment

Ah, ok then.

I'm looking at a petrol 4 door combo myself.

There's a few XFR V8's that seem reasonable (?25k), do you know why they are fairly cheap? I'm assuming running costs rather than a mechanical issue? I might show a bit more interest in them with a bit more research, but 500 bhp seems a tad excessive!

Comment

XFR running costs are astronomical, and that's coming from someone who's just sold his Aston Martin.

I've driven an XFR though, and they're beasts, you'd have great fun in one. I was just after a replacement for my current estate that had a bit of class to lug my big dog around in and importantly wasn't German, which is why I went for the Sportbrake.

Comment

First proper drive out and some twat in a Golf undertook me at speed at traffic lights. Typical German car driver.
                  Last edited by nakamura; 12-06-2015, 23:06.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    First proper drive out and some twat in a Golf undertook me at speed at traffic lights. Typical German.
                    Maybe he thought he was in Germany?

Comment

This is apparently what I'm getting for work.

Bit worried about driving an estate. Any tips? Any different from driving a hatchback?

Comment

Nah, it'll just be a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I'm guessing a GTR falls into the same category as the Aston regarding repair costs?
                          Running a GTR would be significantly more expensive, ?9k to change tyres, disks, pads and fluids with minor service intervals of 6 months.

There's always a few for sale hovering around the ?40k area but they'll be due some eye watering servicing soon. It's kind of like those Porsche 996 Turbos that are being sold for around ?25k, it seems like a bargain until you realise that they'll soon need both turbos, both intercoolers and probably some engine internals replacing.

Comment

Not ?9,000 surely. Would like to see how that's broken down if true.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                              Not ?9,000 surely. Would like to see how that's broken down if true.
                              Specially fitted, filled with Nitrogen. Had a look at online quote and they weigh in at ?1200-1500 for the set.

Comment

GTR Per corner:

Tyres - ?500
                                Pads - ?350
                                Discs - ?650
                                Bleeding and fluid replacent - ?100

Adding labour costs from a more than average skilled car engineer and you're looking at around ?9k. This is based on what I've read on other message boards such as Pistonheads and GTR.

There is cheaper options available but using aftermarket parts or skipping service intervals invalidates whatever warrenty you may have.

For sure they're nice cars but they come with a supercar maintenance bill.
                                Last edited by The Moleman; 13-06-2015, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X