No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly the Celica just isn't running right and will go back to the owner. Lost a few quid but no big deal. I realised I just cannot be arsed any more. I don't have the time or energy to put into cars. Will be grabbing another family hatch for the wife and keeping her car for myself.

Comment

That's a shame, Martin.

What's actually up with it?

Comment

Just had new clutch and dual mass flywheel replaced in my s-max. Like driving a different car/bus

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          That's a shame, Martin.

What's actually up with it?
          We don't know. It just idles low at cold start mainly. It's not a big issue but could be so many things.

I've decided I just can't be bothered any more.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Sadly the Celica just isn't running right and will go back to the owner. Lost a few quid but no big deal. I realised I just cannot be arsed any more. I don't have the time or energy to put into cars. Will be grabbing another family hatch for the wife and keeping her car for myself.
            Thats a shame mate. Starting to feel the same to be honest. Went to see another car today that the seller had bigged up as being A1 condition, did a history check and it was a recorded insurance write off. Lying ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Thats a shame mate. Starting to feel the same to be honest. Went to see another car today that the seller had bigged up as being A1 condition, did a history check and it was a recorded insurance write off. Lying ****.
              I don't have much free time to dedicate to older cars. I've come to the realisation that all cars I like are 15 plus years old and no matter how good they are, they will likely need work I can't do.

I'd rather buy another Ford Focus. Reliable and cheap to run.

Comment

Could you get a Focus and then save for another car? Then it won't matter if it's off the road for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  There's lying, and then there's that. What the ef?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Could you get a Focus and then save for another car? Then it won't matter if it's off the road for a while.
                    Nah. I really can't be bothered. I'll just grab Maiko a newer Focus and have her battered old one.

Comment

2 weeks later battered old one looks like this:

Comment

There is no way in hell I'd mod a hatchback.

Comment

Noted.

Comment

That Focus must seriously shift though.

Comment

Washed the car this morning. Bird divebombs it... lol. Git.

Comment

Is always guaranteed Charles, that's normally followed by a week of rain.

Scrubs up well doesn't she, bloke near me has a '03 plate Legacy, once he's cleaned and waxed it, you could almost swear it was brand new.

Comment

Working...
                                X