X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't TVR fall apart?

Edit: Cor, that CRX is filth.

Comment

Yes, of course they do, but that's why it's the fun car. No one in their right mind has one as a first car.

Comment

My old manager had a griffith as his daily driver. Well, it was more like an every other day driver as it could barely do more than 24 hours between problems lol. Looked lush mind.

Comment

Yeah, 'old' TVR had horrendous reliability issues due to them building their own engines. 'New' TVR are using Ford V8's which are then fettled by Cosworth, who I have much more faith in. The Gordon Murray design factor is a big plus too of course, I'm expecting (hoping!) it will be nothing short of amazing. And if it looks even a fraction as brilliant as this I'll be a happy man -

Comment

A guy I used to work with had a Griffith as his daily driver. He lived about 90 miles from work so the car had a lot of miles on it. The only time it let him down was the passenger door wouldn't open. It did seem to list towards the drivers side a bit while parked but he was a big lad.

I hope the new TVR cars are a success. A Cossie powered Murray influenced motor with TVR styling sounds like the stuff of dreams.

Comment

That TVR does look lovely, always liked their models from afar.

Comment

Tuscan is my favourite. Think one model did 200 mph just before falling apart.

Comment

Very jealous Colin. Yeah it was only ever engine problems on my boss's car. Everything else was fine.

Comment

That looks a beast, Colin! I look forward to hearing your opinion of it. Do you know why the roof is higher on the driver's side?

A previous work colleague had a TVR and managed to spin out in the rain on the motorway, My friend was in the car too and is lucky to be alive TBH, as it was spun 180 the wrong way on the central reservation. He said there was barely anything to the car as it was stripped down and carbon fibre.

The thing that surprised him was the reaction of other drivers. People laughing, pointing and giving the wanker sign when it was lucky there was no fatality.

...anyhoo, enjoy your TVR!

Comment

I once saw a Supra spin in the rain on a roundabout, driver just planted the pedal a bit too hard when pulling on the roundabout and spun in it what felt like slow motion, busy roundabout so a miracle nobody hit him really.

Comment

That's not the 2017 car that's coming out pictured above QC, It's the Sagaris, one of the last cars made by 'old' TVR. As I said, deposits are refundable at the point when all specs and designs are shown, just taking the chance to get in the queue really. And if it's not to my taste, there's also the possibility I can sell my build slot on to someone else who wants it.

Comment

Ah, I getcha.

That's pretty exciting! I imagine you'd have quite a buzz on the day you pick it up!

Comment

Fair play Colin, love TVR's, the wait would kill me, i'm not patient when I want something! [emoji38]

Whilst not TVR territory, the wifes new car is a bit of a dark horse..

She was fed up of the Lupo 1.4s being a bit gutless, and quite rightly so after all she drove a Leon Cupra before downsizing to the Lupo De Ville!

So I convinced her that a Fabia VRS was the way to go, I actually wanted her to get this car in 2006 when she got the Cupra, but she didn't like it!!

She loves it, 1.9 TDI PD130 engine in this little car, it can shift, 230 lb/ft of torque!

Comment

That's a lot of torque

Comment

Yep! Diesel's are so different to petrol. Just looked that car up and the advice is to keep the revs between 1500 and 2700 for max torque. My car has zero torque till about 4,700, with the maximum being at about 6,500 and then it's only 150 lbs ft. I don't really understand what any of that means so I'm going to do a bit of research.
                                Last edited by Brad; 16-07-2015, 06:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X