No announcement yet.

It's Christmas! What are you up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Scrooging but I haven't got any decorations up yet...and might not put any up this year, despite how much I love christmas.

Comment

Been in with most of the day today... You'd think the construction industry slowed down during Christmas... Back home now and trying to relax, but feel like I have a million things to do still... Although I'm pretty sure I'm all set. Family time for Christmas with some major gaming and catching up on the tv and movies I've not been able to see all year...

Was asked to do over time over Christmas, but decoded to be kind to myself for a change so declined.

Christmas is the ONLY time of the year where I am able to slow down so ima be taking it thank you very much! It's been a long and trying year... Lots has happened, time to slow down for a moment...

Merry Christmas to all you guys!

Comment

Not dealing with rude tossers who have left their shopping until the last minute.

Presents with the missus 1st thing.

Over to Mum and Dad's for more pressies and Xmas lunch.

Round to the missus' parents for more pressies and, wait for it, a second Xmas lunch!

Home for games and ****ty TV.

I'm off Boxing Day with the house to myself so I plan on clearing my laundry and playing more games.

Comment

Been on buses and trains all day coming to London to see my mum. I watched Home Alone on my laptop on the train, which was nice. I also wanted to replay Mario Advance 2 (SMW) because I originally got it at Christmas, then I decided to make it into a bit of a SNESGBA season, so I've also brought Mario Advance 3 (Yoshi's Island) and Link to the Past with me. Should be fun On the 29th I'm off to Shanghai to see my girlfriend (assuming my visa arrives in time). Weather has been frigging terrible though. It may be nostalgia, but I remember it snowing almost ever Christmas when I was a kid. Now it just pisses it down.

Comment

Oh waiting for the final episode of Peep Show too. Last night's was great.

Comment

Stuck in microbiology for most of the day, was dead as there were very few samples to deal with so i got out at 4:15, got the piss poor bus service back home then had a chinese takeaway for my xmas eve supper & watched back to back episodes of kaizoku sentai gokaiger.

Tomorrow will be a long lay in then present opening & then helping make xmas dinner with mum then obscene amounts of gaming & model kit construction. Will depend on mood im in, looking forward to my 5 weeks of downtime it's finally here at last.

Comment

currently working in an EMP enclosed bunker probably 5 stories under the ground with one other guy watching Fright Night

unsure how Santa is going to get through the secure airlocks to deliver gifts, plus im the eyes and the ears of NATO's fleet

but leaving at around 3 in the morning to head upto Birmingham so i can be there when my daughter wakes up for her presents

Only 2 so not quite in the excited camp over Santa

Comment

lol whats funny is that we are the major hub/node connected through the NATO network looking after all NATO maritime units

In 2 months time i will be at the job centre (hopefully) seeking some sort of benefit/job - yeah me

Comment

We Scandinavians always celebrate Christmas Eve with family. Usually a big dinner followed by the opening of presents in orderly fashion. We open up our presents in turn, allowing everybody to see what we've gotten. Now I've just gotten home from my sister. Post-christmas depression is starting to set in, as it does for me every year. My mind hypes up Christmas as something monumental which becomes an anti-climax every time. Now it feels wasted, and it's a whole year until next time. And despite getting tons of great stuff from friends and family (not to mention my SS), I'm never quite satisfied with what I've gotten. I'm spoiled and desensitised I guess.

Comment

Working lates all over Xmas, and seven nights in a row over the entire start of the new year (geh). Short-staffed again so what I thought was gonna be a leisurely day turned out to be crazy, am completely knacked, even more so 'cos I woke up at 6pm on Sunday afternoon and have stayed awake 'til now. Just put on a new loo seat, the one that came with the bathroom was hideously cheap, it broke after two ****es. This one's really nice . Just had a crammed doob, this type seems to give you less weirdiness if you take it in bigger blasts, odd. Also, first Xmas eve I've spent since 1989 with no booze inside me, just got a sudden urge to give up for a few days, been getting pretty gutrotty and unappetitey. Next? Might try and finish Deadlight, I've only put a few hours into it and it *feels* like I'm already close to the end.

Comment

It's Christmas! What are you up to?

Doing absolutely nothing except relaxing with the wife and kids, just said good bye to my parents, so the front door is locked and the turkey is a go-go!

Merry Christmas everybody

Comment

Right now I'm having a Stella and a smoke as I've just spent the last three and a half hours building my daughter's present ready for tomorrow. The Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen:

Comment

Just finished my alternative Christmas lunch and now settling down with a glass or red and Brave on Bluray

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                              Right now I'm having a Stella and a smoke as I've just spent the last three and a half hours building my daughter's present ready for tomorrow. The Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen:

I have a compelling desire to see pics of this monster. Surely would be more fun for her to build it herself?

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post

I am impressed it only took you three and a half hours. I spent part of my Christmas morning watching by brother swear and curse while trying to assemble a kids trike. I think if he had that to do he would still be at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X