Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Xmas haul, sooo what did you all get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZOE HD Collector's Edition (NTSC-U PS3)
    A minty copy of S.O.S. (NTSC-U SNES)
    iControlpad for my ASUS TF201 (not much success with this so far)
    Amiga: The Future Was Here [Platform Studies] book
    History of Nintendo Vol.2 (1980-1991) book
    Two Stewart Lee DVDs (90s Comedian, Carpet Remnant World)
    An inflatable chair and pump (er...)
    Twenty Sentinel64 Game Boy/GBA protective slipcovers
    Lots of chocolate

Wife-face and I cooked a perfect Christmas dinner too, with the best roast parsnips and roast potatoes either of us have ever tasted. Also got major husband points for cooking a turkey for her, despite not being able to eat it on account of being vegetarian.

I also went to the local shop at midnight and happened upon a stray cat I know looking for food in the bins downstairs. Brought him down a Christmas dinner of freshly cooked turkey and some cat milk. He was very, very happy.

Edit: I also bought myself the Minecraft documentary but it's a hopeless puff piece full of industry people bubbling over about how Notch has changed the future of gaming. Oh dear. Probably just my prejudice against the US gaming media skewering my enjoyment of it, though.
    Last edited by Decider-VT; 26-12-2012, 13:01.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      1x Nissan GT-R.
      We should get a few track days booked Daryl. Absolutely no point having a car like that just to sit in London traffic every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
        I also went to the local shop at midnight and happened upon a stray cat I know looking for food in the bins downstairs. Brought him down a Christmas dinner of freshly cooked turkey and some cat milk. He was very, very happy.
        Good man.

Comment

Great selection of gifts, especially as I couldn't think of anything I wanted.

Bottle of Lagavulin
          Large salt pig
          Oven thermometer
          Very impressive looking German pressure cooker
          Fancy looking olive oils
          Sky at Night Q&A book
          Cookbook
          BBC interview archives with Brian Clough, Stirling Moss, Mohammed Ali and George Best
          Some nasty white wine which I am drinking now
          Best of all is a Zombie Boot Camp. Some weird day out where I get to live out my zombie apocalypse fantasies and shoot zombies with paint guns!
          Amazon vouchers
          SS food goodies

Comment

Re: 2012 Xmas haul, sooo what did you all get?

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            When you take it out of the box, FFS don't drop it on the floor and break the windows.
            Don't let the big boys in the park steal it either.

Comment

He probably bought his for his son because he wanted one after seeing it in gran turismo

Comment

Lol! What did I start...

Here is what I got:

The only one that was an actual present was Finding Nemo. And tomorrow is the real Christmas for me as I have packages waiting at the PO for me to collect.

Comment

1x pure white 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 preinstalled /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\

Shame the Club Nintendo servers keep crashing atm!

Also got a nice cashmere sweater and some Hugo Boss aftershave from my parents.

Comment

Re: 2012 Xmas haul, sooo what did you all get?

What's the white xl like? Thinking of getting one tomorrow.

Comment

It's awesome. Best colour scheme released yet imo, I don't like the two tone style used for the other ones with the exception of the Pikachu one (and that one is very girly). A classy and stylish design, maybe even one of Nintendo's best - considering how dodgy some of their other consoles have looked (mostly the original DS and original 3DS). It's the exact same shade of white all over, although it is accented by a light grey used for the 3D slider, circle pad, and markings on the face buttons. I really think Nintendo stuff looks best in white or grey, once a must-have is released for the Wii U I'm planning to get the basic version of that so I can have it in white. Honestly I think the only reason they've been switching to black as a predominant hardware colour scheme is because that's what tends to sell best in the US.

Pro tip: Get the MK7 version as 3D Land is one of the free games in the Nintendo winter promo for new XL owners.

Although it is kinda hard coming from playing a PS Vita virtually exclusively to the 3DS's 400x240 screen resolution. I can see all the pizzels at once

Comment

Pacman clock
                        mario kart bed sheets
                        mario towel
                        mario PJS

Paper mario sticker star
                        Tetris light
                        nes wallet.
                        pin tiato mario game thing from 1988
                        amazon voucher
                        Thanks to SS tokyo godfarther and dvd and awesome book

Not pictured A creed 3 wii U , family guy mug, pants
                        Last edited by yesteryeargames; 26-12-2012, 20:08.

Comment

I just bought myself a whole load of adizero clothing as a self-present in the www.adidas.co.uk sale. 50% off! And just scored some socks as a charades prize

Comment

Wow, best haul has to go to SeVenX7 although Dogg Thang has got my favourite. All that Lego!

I got the some great gifts for Christmas but my Birthday is today (Boxing Day) so I get presents for that too.

My Girlfriend got me a Seiko Chronograph Watch, Book on F1, Arcadia iPhone Unit, Toblerone and some Toiletries. My Mum, Dad & Brother got me Indiana Jones, Jaws & Dark Knight Rises Blu Ray, Glass Tea Set, Toblerone (Another one!) and the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection. My Girlfriends parents brought me a T Shirt, Aftershave and Pen. Finally my Girlfriends Sister and partner brought me the QI Book 1,227 Facts to blow your socks off and Soundgarden's King Animal CD.

Had a lovely Christmas dinner with parents, great Birthday party today and some brilliant presents. Really chuffed!

Comment

SeVenX7 seemed to post the contents of his bedroom rather than what he got for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                SeVenX7 seemed to post the contents of his bedroom rather than what he got for Christmas.

Wish I could justify having that amount of Hardware in my life again, good for him!

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                                I read that Arcade Mania Book a few years ago, gives a great insight into Arcades and told me some stuff I never knew.

Comment

Working...
                                X