New Year's Eve "bah, humbug" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH SNAP!

It does make me feel a little better than I'm not the only one who doesn't "feel" these kinds of things.

Comment

Like any other holiday I see it as a good chance to see friends who I don't see enough due to us living in different parts of the country. I will make pizza on NYE, we will drink, listen to rock music and act a lot younger than we are. On New Years Day we will feel rough but will liven up with the Mexican feast I am creating (with some thanks to my Bordersdown SS).
      Any excuse to party is okay in my book. Wouldn't been seen dead in a city centre though.

Comment

NYE is a bit different over here and ca actually be a great evening. I'd say here in Sydney it's actually bigger than Xmas day in many respects but then it is what you make of it.

We've got a load of family and young kids staying with us this year and as its their first (and possibly only) trip to Sydney we'll be watching the fireworks around the harbour and bridge. We've actually booked a picnic spot inside the Zoo which looks back at towards the bridge. The kids get a tour of the animals from 6.30-8.30. Then there are the first fireworks at 9pm.

Should be a nice relaxing picnic with wine, cheese, snacks etc... None of the high octane p1ss ups of the past. Much prefer it that way to be honest. Must be getting old but I prefer it that way.

Comment

Meh. It's overrated and that's why me and the missus are just staying in and having a take away. I had my celebration tonight, and even that was ****

Comment

I never do anything for it but I'm boring.

Going to Derby to see a friend this new year with some mates. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
              me and the missus are just staying in and having a take away.
              Snap. Early night unless I get any texts saying "let's play halo"

Comment

Early night eh fellas?

Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Always nice to see the New Year in with a bang.

Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  good idea, fireworks, I wonder if I could buy some for monday night.

I'll be round a mates house for drinks than be crammed in a pub in town.

Comment

Early night eh fellas?

Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Etc.
                    Fnnarr Fnnarr Eh Eh!

Comment

I might go crazy and order my J-WiiU at the stroke of midnight.

Comment

I might go crazy and order my J-WiiU at the stroke of midnight.
                        Well we have to get our kicks where can.

Comment

Funny you say that, I did just stock up on tissues...

Comment

Working...
                          X