• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPERDRUG!

Comment

High Street Shop Deadpool

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      Blockbuster next to go, they've stopped taking credit cards and have a rather meager 20% off sale on atm.
      Surprised they are still around with things like love film, Netflix online these days.

Hmv going bust hardly surprising when they didn't compete with other retailers and price way above everyone else.

Comment

I just saw a C&A in Shanghai, so that was nice. The logo hasn't changed.

Comment

I'm with Daragon, Blockbuster would be my odds on favourite.

There does seem something slightly wrong with predicting these downfalls though :/

Comment

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
            Burtons, not been in one for 10 years but they were ****e then!!
            A lot of those have become concessions in BHS stores.

Comment

Firstly I must say no one wants any of these firms to go bang. People need jobs especially this day and age.

I'm going with Game (again) Opcapita have been proved to be utterly ruthless bastards when it comes to profit didn't they have a chance to save Comet but chose against it. I have little doubt if they think they can profit from it they will let it go too. The fact its public and under investigation probably saves them though.

I also hope they don't as a mate of mine that worked in a closed GS recently got a job with a further away Game so that would suck for him, and others.

OpCapita and its backers charged Comet £12.8m in just nine months for financing and “monitoring" fees, despite the electrical retailer racking up losses.

Oh and Blockbusters must be the dumbest company ever they could have been Netflix or Lovefilm instead they are more like a Cash Convertors with overpriced scratched to **** stock mine rents out the pre owned games ffs?
              Last edited by ETC; 15-01-2013, 20:39. Reason: More suitable news article

Comment

I would go with Superdrug, has all the criteria, overpriced, lack of staff on the shop floor and I never see anyone under 45 in the one near home.

No way CEX will go, all franchised stores I believe, in about six countries now. Owner was on Secret Millionaire show the other month
                and he wasn't short of a few quid. Romford/Ilford/Brentwood ones are always busy with people buying and selling, and the odd PC Plod in there over some stolen goods.

BHS could be a good call, one near us is always pretty empty and it's a massive store in a prime position, rent must be sky high alone.

Comment

Don't know if they've improved of late but Thorntons had been in trouble not long ago.

Comment

Both the CEX in my area are empty of games. The sold everything over Christmas!

Comment

Right, whoever said Blockbuster can claim their prize.... Read the news....

Comment

Or link the news!

Comment

Win \o/

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            Win \o/
                            I hope you're pleased with yourself for single-handedly bringing Blockbuster to its knees!

Comment

My bet is on Argos.

MAybe that's a tall order for 2013, how about Boots instead?

Comment

Boots is very successful, the health and beauty segment is doing very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X