wanted some help off a skateboarder regarding parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanted some help off a skateboarder regarding parts

Just found in my room a tony hawks pro 8 skateboard behind a load of stuff and was going to throw it out.

But the daughter thinks it would be cool to put some trucks/wheels on it and put it on the wall.

Now i haven't done skateboarding since the early 80's when we had plastic skinny boards. All i want is to put it together as cheap as possible, anyone have recommendations of cheap parts or should i just go on ebay and grab anything?

You're probably best off getting whatever's cheap on eBay tbh. Even cheapo brands from a skateshop will probably be bit much for something you're just going to hang on the wall. Never bought any gear off eBay though so don't know how cheap it'd be. Don't forget you'll need bearings for the wheels or else they won't hang on the trucks properly. You might as well spend a few quid and skate it or else hang it on the wall without any hardware. I got an original Rob Roskopp last year for my birthday and it looks boss as it is.
    Last edited by endo; 04-02-2013, 22:49.

Comment

That deck is about 7.5 to 7.75 inches wide, as I have 1 of them decks (keeping incase its worth summat in the future), so you're gonna need trucks which aren't wider than the deck. You should be looking at trucks sizes marked as either 129mm or 5.0 inch. Truck bolts you'll also need which will set u back about ?3. Wheels - go any bigger than 55mm if I were you. Bearings - choose something around the ?8 mark. I assume it needs gripping too, which will set you back about 5 bucks.

How much are you looking to spend btw?, & are you looking for brand new stuff or 2nd hand?

Comment

cheers for the help guys, well 2nd hand is ok as long as its not battered.

TBH i don't know what would look better, though i certainly don't want to give the impression that i still ride.

Comment

Working...
        X