Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liking the last few purchase posts

Took the plunge & got all 3 of the gegege no kitaro revoltechs as i love that series, i have been deliberating over them for a while, amazon had them pretty ceap so i couldnt resist.

Comment

Got my Asura's Wrath today! 2 Tsume in a week, its too good lol.

Bigger than expected, definitely more 1/6 than 1/8.

Putting him together was nerve racking as Asura has to hold the Doji's arm, so you have to slot the doji arm through Asuras hand while pushing Asuras arm into his body, a little force was needed and stuff did bend a little but it was fine once in

Big heavy base, tons of details, usual Tsume quality. I don't think anyone's gonna be disappointed. Just totally wowed by him!

Comment

Comparison with a Bowen 12 Inch Statue.

Comment

Holy fark that's massive!!!!!!

Seriously man huge is an understatement there.

Detail is off the chain as well, never played the game but did enjoy the trailer & he looks like an awesome representation.

Congrats on adding him to the frankly ridiculous collection you already have lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Holy fark that's massive!!!!!!

Seriously man huge is an understatement there.

Detail is off the chain as well, never played the game but did enjoy the trailer & he looks like an awesome representation.

Congrats on adding him to the frankly ridiculous collection you already have lol

Neil
            Thanks Buddy

I adored the game so this is just gravy for me, totally hype

Collection is a little slimmed down as of late to be honest. Bigger pieces but less stuff

Comment

Nice looking piece that Neo. Lots of detail and nice paint apps.

I had the game myself but I didn't get along with it.

I have decided not to pursue anymore statues*. Scorps' has really knocked the stuffing out of everything due to its sculpt and scale. I'm only in for 1:1 busts now. It certainly narrows the field down on choice, and I will undoubtedly miss out on some sweet statues**, but for me the wow factor is with the big pieces.

1/6 figs are still fair game tho, which they will have to be as I've a few on pre-order, lol!

*Caveat 1 - I'm in for most of the re-released Dinosauria line, 'cos like Dinosaurs rule!
              **Caveat 2 - I still long to buy the TaskMaster statue done by Bowen. Pro's - It's TaskMaster. Amazing sculpt and paint. Cons - Virtually every piece came out defective due to the sword resembling a scimitar thanks to piss poor manufacturing. And to top it off, RB pretty much implies on his website in response to this issue to 'get over it' as that's the luck of the draw. F**k you Bowen! (Rant over).

Comment

Thanks Grover!

LoL one bite of the sweet life size bust pie and you're in for it all now! I just couldn't do it, i like the busts but i'll always prefer a full figure statue with a kick ass base over a bust I love the life size busts but i have to have both lol.

Taskmasters sword is an easy fix with a hair dryer, it's not a big deal.

Comment

The expenditure of your collections terrifies me lol, i hope you guys have those things insured. Neither easy or cheap to replace thse more rarer statues.

Discovered the existance of this tonight, definately need it in my collection. Never realised that Perman got his own poseable figure only seen vinyl solid figures. Love Fujio's manga designs they make for great figures he has sort of an astroboy kind of look to him.

Last edited by importaku; 01-09-2014, 20:51.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                    Thanks Grover!

LoL one bite of the sweet life size bust pie and you're in for it all now! I just couldn't do it, i like the busts but i'll always prefer a full figure statue with a kick ass base over a bust I love the life size busts but i have to have both lol.

Taskmasters sword is an easy fix with a hair dryer, it's not a big deal.

I've read about the hair dryer technique, but if I tried it I've got visions of a Fail on epic proportions, lol. If I can source a piece that is mint, I'll be all over it!!

importaku - your love of manga knows no bounds!

Comment

Blame Amazon Japan, when i look at a figure it kindly then suggests others that i might be interested in. Yes Amazon i am interested in them but please stop showing me them as im spending like mad

Need a display cabinet with built in 4th dimension spatial warping capabilitys as im running out of room fast i don't want to just cram it all up with them all bunched together as that looks messy. Need to get more display plinths so i can utilize more of the dead space. Im struggling there is still a link figure & that massive 5 robot jobby to somehow get in there too.

How you lot manage for space i'll never know, im struggling & my figures are tiny scale ones. lol

Comment

I suppose that one of the downsides (if you can actually label it as such) to collecting small scale figures is their small price point, in comparison to a Hot Toys 1/6 fig or a similar size statue. Invariably they are cheaper, and as such are 'easier' to obtain. Before you know it, your small collection has grown exponentially. It's akin to putting Mogwai in bright lights!!

Comment

(Mogwai hates bright light, he multiplies in water!)

Comment

Well i think i have found something for the transformer fans, nigiri rangers

Yes thats correct you now can have sushi that turns into robots, im laughing but scarily thinking they look kind of nice especially the maki roll robots.

Website for the curious, it's in english too
                            「WELCOME TO T-ARTS」タカラトミーアーツの商品情報をご覧いただけます。玩具・ぬいぐるみ・雑貨などの製造・販売を行う、株式会社タカラトミーアーツの公式サイトです。

Comment

So Transformers Masterpiece 23 has been shown & it was a massive surprise.

Diaclone Marlboro Wheeljack, but remade as a Decepticon called Exhaust

Also MP24 Star Saber is looking massive

That's the original G1 toy on the left

& coloured shots have appeared too...

?18,000 was less than expected for Star Saber as well

Neil

Comment

Not fussed with Sabre but it looks like they've done a good job of it. The Wheeljack variant though is awful

Comment

Working...
                                X