Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iOS recommended games and applications (Thread 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terraria is out on iOS. No multiplayer, but still great.

Comment

Sorcery! 2 is out and I have just finished my first play through. The first one is easily the best gamebook adaptation I have seen, elevating it well above its origins to turn it into a sort of cross between an RPG and a board game and this one takes it up a notch. A great adventure with tons to discover and I reckon I'll be playing through this one many times. Couldn't recommend it enough.

Comment

Hmm sounds intriguing mr thang, shall have a look.

Comment

If you're going for them, pick up the first one first. They can be played completely independently of each other but if you start at the start you can carry on your adventure into part 2.

Comment

Anyone got any recommendations for streaming video from PC whilst out and about (ie 3G/4G). Hopefully even with the ability to use the TV tuners in the PC as well.

I did have one app called Orb Live which did this a few years back but seems the company has been bought out and the app has been removed. I've also been using one amazing app called Air Video HD which does the home streaming effortlessly (and can copy/convert straight over wifi) but I can't get it to work away from my home network.

Comment

Year Walk is good if a little short. Got the second ending but I was left feeling a little depleted, has anyone figured out if there is anything else to do in it yet?

Beat Sneak Bandits is also pretty cool. From the same studio but a completely different sort of thing!

Comment

I have Year Walk but didn't really get on with it. I found myself wandering round the same places again and again and the control seemed counter-intuitive to me. But I keep hearing good things so I suspect it's more that I'm rubbish at it!

Comment

The controls are confusing but you get used to it, as is the map - mainly because everything is so similar looking. Nice puzzles but nothing mind bending. I'm sure there must be a hidden third ending. DT - did you get the companion app (its free) and pretty important.

Comment

Just after some advice, friend has bought an iPad Air, and coming from Windows is asking if any Anti-Virus software is needed on it. I said no, mainly due to App Store testing and Safari being safe etc. Is this right? as I know they'll be doing their banking etc on it. Thanks.

Son has an iPad Mini but it's only used for Youtube and videos and photo's so has never cropped up.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      The controls are confusing but you get used to it, as is the map - mainly because everything is so similar looking. Nice puzzles but nothing mind bending. I'm sure there must be a hidden third ending. DT - did you get the companion app (its free) and pretty important.
                      Sorry, only just saw your reply here. No, I haven't got the companion app. Will have a look.

David, I haven't ever heard of a virus on the iPad. I imagine it's possible technically but highly unlikely and there is no antivirus software.

Comment

Oh I see, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                          Just after some advice, friend has bought an iPad Air, and coming from Windows is asking if any Anti-Virus software is needed on it. I said no, mainly due to App Store testing and Safari being safe etc. Is this right? as I know they'll be doing their banking etc on it. Thanks.

Son has an iPad Mini but it's only used for Youtube and videos and photo's so has never cropped up.
                          No anti-virus required or even available for iOS.

Comment

Considering the love for Sean Bean on here more people should be playing Papa Sangre II. Although only in the privacy of your own homes.

Comment

Knights of the old republic now available for most IOS devices and on sale for ?2.99.

Crazy that when this came out you needed a honking great xbox or a decent spec pc to play this. Now it's on your phone in your pocket. Crazy.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-12-2013, 09:29.

Comment

Does anyone here have X-Com on iPad?

Comment

Working...
                                X