Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iOS recommended games and applications (Thread 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's nothing like FEZ except for the perspective changing thing.

Monument valley is about 35 minutes long for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I can't imagine how it could be controlled...? Do you have an external controller?
      The touchscreen controls for Strangers Wrath have been well implemented. I do have an iCade but few new games support since the MFi stuff started.

Comment

So... I'm due to release a new non-game app tomorrow. The timing is slightly awkward as it's related to flight safety (aka plane crashes), but it's an honest coincidence as I submitted to Apple before Christmas. Fingers crossed it doesn't get taken the wrong way.

Hoping I can get a few of you to download and review it to help with that early boost!

Comment

Linky poo

Comment

It's out now! Took Apple a long time to filter it through the appstore plumbing.

Thanks for any downloads/ratings!
            (Yes, it's 69p)

Comment

Just downloaded it, I'll leave a review later.

Feedback: you need to make the Facebook share text way more descriptive, generate an image or something. People reading it won't have a clue what I just shared

Comment

Thanks Boris! I'll look into the share text for the next update.

Comment

Anyone played "Do Not Believe His Lies"?

Reading this solution to puzzle 37, on Reddit I really want to give it a go, shame it's not out on Android.

Comment

Sorcery 3 is out! The Sorcery games have been wonderful so far. This one has been massively changed from the book and is now pretty open - you can go back and forth and all around as you please. Seems pretty great so far but quite different.

Comment

Which is the better of the two you've played already? They sound really intriguing.

Comment

They'll all good! The second one is bigger, meatier and yes probably better but I think I'd still recommend starting with the first one. The first one is the perfect introduction - it kind of eases you into it really nicely. The only thing to be okay with is that you will feel it is short on your first play through. You'll get to the end pretty quickly and want to move on to the next. But go for a second play and pick a different route and you will find entirely different things and then the challenge of the game will really reveal itself - you can end it with your character in a whole different condition and with different equipment and money. I played through the first a ridiculous amount of times.

And because your progress carries over to the next with cloud saves and does make a real difference in places, you'll want as much as you can get before starting 2.

So I would recommend going with the first and seeing if you like it.

Comment

Thanks Dogg. I'm going to give it a try. I used to really enjoy those Fighting Fantasy books by Ian Livingstone, lol.

Comment

iOS recommended games and applications (Thread 2)

Anyone recommend an app that enables me to cut out images and import into others to be superimposed? Usually use PicSay Pro on android, but I'm having to use an old iPhone 4s due to a phone death.

Comment

Horizon Chase is probably the best Outrun homage you can get on iOS.

Looks gorgeous, plays well (if a little short), and a great soundtrack too.

Look it up. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Thanks! Really appreciate that. It was a long-drawn out process and at this point I could write a book on how not to make an app but I'm very happy with the result and it was fantastic to see it get featured - although watching an app launch is something I think is probably psychologically damaging in some ways. Appreciate the words of support!
                                Congrats Dogg, you really should make a thread as I'm sure there are peeps beside me interested in hearing what goes into making an app. Top man.

Comment

Working...
                                X