• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      :-)
      @Prinny - a good teacher can change a child's life. My stepson had just one teacher at his primary school who understood him and the difference it made to his life for that one year simply cannot be measured. What an incredible responsibility teachers have. Some fail to measure up and then some manage to do something amazing.
      This is true. When I was at school I was a straight A student until I hit secondary school. I moved house and had to start all over again at 12 in a new school with new friends. It didn't go too well and although I made some really good mates, my grades started to slip badly and I started playing truant. I didn't like a lot of the teachers either.
      After 2 and a half years there, we moved again and I went back to the school I was meant to go to. All of my old friends were there and it was like I never left. Unfortunately by this time I had developed quite a negative attitude towards school in general and still played truant and didn't behave too well.
      There was a teacher called Mr Price who could see between the lines and the ability I had. He kept an eye on me and treated me with the respect I found missing at the other school. He took me out of lessons like R.E that he know I had no interest in and gave me extra tuition in others. All in his own free time. He make me tea, gave me cakes, smoked in front of me and generally acted like a person and not a teacher.
      Because of him, I left school with 4 GCSE's. Ok not spectacular compared to a lot of people but I was on a road to ruin. This man played a big part in my life and I dread to think what might have happened to me had he not been around.

Comment

Posting on a videogame forum using a computer/smartphone/tablet and moaning how **** education is may well be the funniest thing in this thread. Without an educational system I wouldn't have had to read this pish mind you. Yeah, let's bin all this technological advancement we've achieved due to education and get back to painting on walls with our number two's and picking nits out of each others hair.

Comment

We would have to pick the nits from your beard Colin, just so you don't feel left out.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Do you accept RGB or VGA?
            That's some funny stuff right there. Proper LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
              Posting on a videogame forum using a computer/smartphone/tablet and moaning how **** education is may well be the funniest thing in this thread. Without an educational system I wouldn't have had to read this pish mind you. Yeah, let's bin all this technological advancement we've achieved due to education and get back to painting on walls with our number two's and picking nits out of each others hair.
              That's a somewhat black and white way of looking at the world. Education is not limited to the classroom; buy a book that covers trigonometry or Shakespeare or biology and the information in those pages is the same whether you examine it in a classroom or in a barn full of chickens. Information is information. Those who don't go to school can learn to read and write as good as anyone - just look at the number of brilliant authors who were home schooled.

And nobody is advocating returning to the Palaeolithic period (the time most cave paintings were produced). Again, it's a very black and white view to say the only alternative to the school system is no education at all and resigning ourselves to painting with our own ****. We, humans, invented the school system and the monetary system, therefore it is in our power to replace them with more intelligent systems that better serve the whole of humanity and free us from this perpetual stuggle and competition that really serves only those at the very top.

Comment

Black and white? Yeah, you got me there, I don't feel the need to wrap my posts in a load of pretentious bollocks.

Comment

I do.

Comment

I'm going to hug the next tree I see.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan.

When I lived in Israel I knew a South African girl who hugged trees. She was your genuine, barefooted, flowers-in-her-hair, hippy, love child. She was stunningly gorgeous with an even more beautiful personality. She was kinda what I imagine a real fairy might be like. First time I saw her hugging a tree, it was odd, but it didn't seem so odd by the third of fourth time. I might try it myself some time.

Comment

Not sure if serious.

Comment

Haha. Very serious. She wasn't at all ashamed of it and I admired that in her.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            Sounds like a good plan.

When I lived in Israel I knew a South African girl who hugged trees. She was your genuine, barefooted, flowers-in-her-hair, hippy, love child. She was stunningly gorgeous with an even more beautiful personality. She was kinda what I imagine a real fairy might be like. First time I saw her hugging a tree, it was odd, but it didn't seem so odd by the third of fourth time. I might try it myself some time.
                            This is why this place* is the greatest, no snoodling intended.

(*Granted, its head is balder now, and there are more lines in the face, more creases, but the bilious stench of funk is still extant.)

Comment

Charlie you lived in Israel? Me too dude! Where were you?
                              אתה מדבר עברי

Comment

Spent eight months smack bang in the middle of the Negev desert in Tze'-elim, 9 months 5 miles outside Kiryat Shmona in a place called Shamir - a stone's throw from the Syrian border, then six months in Jerusalem and a bit of travelling around. Beautiful country and people.

Ani lo evreet. I think I said that right.

Edit: just realised I said "I don't Hebrew" which makes no sense. Ani lo medibar evreet. I think that's better.
                                Last edited by Charlie; 12-03-2013, 16:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X