Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of betting on the Grand National?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't be betting on the grand national, usually partake in the office sweepstake but not sure if I will even do that this year.

Poor horses

Comment

Don't believe everything you read.

Of course there will always be areas and sections of every industry where people do it wrong. These sections always paint the worst picture that gets reported in the media. Usual media nonsense.

Eating animals is wrong? Nonesene. Go on safari without anything to defend yourself and see how long you last. It's called nature.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Actually we race ourselves to death, thus making us less intelligent than horses:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._during_a_race
        That's a crazy number of people who pushed themselves too far.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Tell me about it!

Last time I spanked my monkey in the park I got arrested...

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Don't believe everything you read.

Of course there will always be areas and sections of every industry where people do it wrong. These sections always paint the worst picture that gets reported in the media. Usual media nonsense.

Eating animals is wrong? Nonesene. Go on safari without anything to defend yourself and see how long you last. It's called nature.
        Anyone who jumps on an animal and whips it to make it run is immediately doing it wrong in my opinion. Let's be honest, horse racing is almost certainly based on fear. This guy's one of the top horse trainers in the world and though it isn't definitive proof, his experience around horses means he probably has a better understanding of horse psychology than most:

Skip to 6:45:

As for eating animals, nowhere did I claim it was wrong. I don't do it because it's wrong for me, but everyone must make the choice to eat meat or not for themselves. Would I kill an animal if forced to defend myself, probably, hopefully I'll never have to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          Would we race people to death? No.
          Possibly. Only if we were horses though. In some sick parody of reality.

At the end of the day I think horses know what horses like best
          True. Having chatted to many horses, they *do* know what they like. It's all me me me with horses.

Clearly the answer here is to have races organised by horses for horses. Horse trainers, literally, horsey cameramen, etc. you could could even have a horse version of John McCririck. And little ponies riding the horses, obviously. It sounds lovely.

Comment

Horses for courses.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
              And little ponies riding the horses
              I have no idea why I am laughing so much to your random post.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                Horses for courses.
                Horses for horses.

Comment

We need more education for the animals.

I'm pushing for courses for horses.

Comment

Working...
                  X