No announcement yet.

Best conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it turned out to be a couple of hicks with to much access to firearms in the end, i havent been able to follow this properly due to work but is that the gist of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
      that we can and should live more intelligently

Is that the moral of Zeitgeist? It hardly encourages critical thinking, with its manipulative structure and use of editing. It's about on the level of a conspiracy theory infomercial.

Instead of challenging watchers to question what they're told, it merely becomes another source of partisan guile.

The lack of substantiation for virtually everything in it is also irritating. People just take it at face value and think they're superior to the 'dumb masses' who haven't seen it, when they're no better off at all. Probably worse.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        FEAR. I've no idea how Americans leave the house!
        A number of them don't, rather they spend all day studying this flowchart: http://crispian-jago.blogspot.co.uk/...hart-they.html

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          A number of them don't, rather they spend all day studying this flowchart: http://crispian-jago.blogspot.co.uk/...hart-they.html
          Textbook yank conspiracy rubbish

Comment

'tis a good site. I recently sent their Venn Diagram of Irrational Nonsense to a friend who gives far too much credence (i.e. any credence) to such mumbo jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

Is that the moral of Zeitgeist? It hardly encourages critical thinking, with its manipulative structure and use of editing. It's about on the level of a conspiracy theory infomercial.

Instead of challenging watchers to question what they're told, it merely becomes another source of partisan guile.

The lack of substantiation for virtually everything in it is also irritating. People just take it at face value and think they're superior to the 'dumb masses' who haven't seen it, when they're no better off at all. Probably worse.
              Geez. Sounds like you really disliked the movies. I can't speak for others, but I question everything, believe me. I question things that most people, even children, decided on long ago. I see a tree, I question whether it's really there or down to quantum trickery. An 'expert' says the universe is 13.7 billion years old, I question it. I question my own logic and that of all humans. I question whether our senses tell us anything valuable, or whether they mislead us. Being a fool, I still think in terms of good and bad and right and wrong, but question whether they even exist. I question everything and am uncertain about everything. Indeed it's reached the point where I'm beginning to realise that love is probably the only truth we can be certain of.

Comment

The problem with Zeitgeist for me is that it does more damage to the truth by chucking every theory out there into the mix. Firstly, I don't really know if I buy even the idea of half their conspiracies but I do know that there are official stories of certain things that stink of bull**** to me. And I know people in this world are well capable of nasty things and plenty of bull****.

For me, Zeitgeist asks a few good questions but then flings more bull**** into the mix, making it even more difficult to get any sense of truth. I'd say if there are any conspirators anywhere, they'd be laughing their asses off every time people buy into some of the Zeitgeist stuff. I'd say they adore Alex Jones. Because the more theories, half-truths, mistakes and plain lies that get out there, the easier it is to hide the truth. Because you can hide it in plain sight and it can be so easily dismissed. Imagine if Alex Jones was actually spot on about something? Crazy, I know, but imagine it. Who would believe him? How would it ever be discovered among all the other crackpot theories?

Most conspiracy theorists are their own worst enemies because they make it even harder to sift the truth from the lies. They exist to muddy already-muddy waters.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                  Geez. Sounds like you really disliked the movies. I can't speak for others, but I question everything, believe me. I question things that most people, even children, decided on long ago. I see a tree, I question whether it's really there or down to quantum trickery. An 'expert' says the universe is 13.7 billion years old, I question it. I question my own logic and that of all humans. I question whether our senses tell us anything valuable, or whether they mislead us. Being a fool, I still think in terms of good and bad and right and wrong, but question whether they even exist. I question everything and am uncertain about everything. Indeed it's reached the point where I'm beginning to realise that love is probably the only truth we can be certain of.

That's fair enough man. Sorry, wasn't meaning to have a go at you. I DO really hate the Zeitgeist movies, mostly because people watch them and instead of questioning questioning questioning (as you say above), they just accept the conspiracy theories as a new dogma. Which puts them in a frankly less informed and considered position than the one that they started in.

I do disagree that the Zeitgeist movies encourage questioning established knowledge and the status quo. They are far too bent on convincing the viewer of their own perspective for that IMO.

Comment

No worries, I managed to pull myself together and stopped sobbing 15 minutes after reading your post. ;-)

On a more serious note, you say the movies are bent on convincing the viewer of their own perspective, but to what end? What do you think the movies hope to achieve? Social revolution? Anarchy? Or, worse, merely an attempt to persuade others round to their way of thinking for their own egotistical reasons?

Comment

Did this already get posted? Very convincing. Graphic images BEWARE.. http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=11184
                      Last edited by charlesr; 25-04-2013, 17:19.

Comment

The difficulty with that theory is that this guy's face has been EVERYWHERE. They would have to get to everyone he has ever met in his life, unless he only agreed to have his legs removed just before the event. And even then, they'd have to get to everyone who would notice his absence. Just seems too difficult. If someone would have enough to gain and so little conscience about the aftermath that they would go to the trouble staging such a false flag event, why wouldn't they just plant the bomb themselves and let it play out?

Comment

Did this already get posted? Very convincing. http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=11184
                          I really wish you had put a warning about that page, that it contains severe graphic pictures before i even got to read what it was about, i feel sick now .

clicked it off as soon as i could, its really sick that someone could stand there and take a photo of a situation like that and not try and help, even then they should have had the decency to not put it online.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            The difficulty with that theory is that this guy's face has been EVERYWHERE. They would have to get to everyone he has ever met in his life, unless he only agreed to have his legs removed just before the event. And even then, they'd have to get to everyone who would notice his absence. Just seems too difficult. If someone would have enough to gain and so little conscience about the aftermath that they would go to the trouble staging such a false flag event, why wouldn't they just plant the bomb themselves and let it play out?
                            Maybe he was an out of work amputee with no family? Get a big enough pay out of it and he could happily play out a little show and disappear afterwards.
                            Also, amputee or not, where the heck are his feet? Surely some shoes/trainers would be left in pieces some where.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                              Maybe he was an out of work amputee with no family?
                              Possibly, but with his face everywhere it is probably easy enough for you to find that out. Google tells me his name is Jeff Bauman. Wouldn't take a huge amount of digging to verify his identity, I would imagine.

Comment

Did this already get posted? Very convincing. http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=11184
                                It does seem highly suspect.

Comment

Working...
                                X