Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favourite thing in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIDEOGAMES OBVIOUSLY.

edit: goddamn speedy we could do with an NSFW tag on that link, I just had to close the tab with ninja reaction speed.

Comment

Haha, sorry. Thought nothing of it because it was wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        My wife and daughter and mother. I don't think anything can compare to a loved one, that's why we mourn our losses.
        I like your answer. I like it a lot. But we don't have to mourn our losses. We can, if we look deeply into nature, try to accept death philosophically.

This little story from the Chinese philosopher Chuang Tzu, who was one of the great founders of Taosim, shows us how we can approach loss:

Chuang Tzu's wife died. The next day when Hui Tzu went to convey his condolences,
        he found Chuang Tzu sitting with his legs sprawled out, pounding on a tub and singing.
        "You lived with her, she brought up your children and grew old," said Hui Tzu. "It should
        be enough simply not to weep at her death. But pounding on a tub and singing -
        this is going too far, isn't it?"

Chuang Tzu said, "You're wrong. When she first died, do you think I didn't grieve like
        anyone else? But I looked back to her beginning and the time before she was born. Not
        only the time before she was born, but the time before she had a body. Not only
        the time before she had a body, but the time before she had a spirit. In the
        midst of the jumble of wonder and mystery a change took place and she had a
        spirit. Another change and she had a body. Another change and she was born. Now
        there's been another change and she's dead. It's just like the progression of
        spring, summer, autumn and winter.

"Now she's going to lie down peacefully in a vast room. If I were to follow after her
        bawling and sobbing, it would show that I don't understand anything about fate. So I
        stopped."

So it is possible to love people and not fall to pieces when they're taken away. But, that said, this Buddhist story shows us that, even with deep understanding and a firm belief in non-attachment, it is not always easy:

When Marpa, the great Tibetan meditation master and teacher of Milarepa, lost his
        wife he wept bitterly. One of his pupils came up to him and asked: 'Master, why are
        you weeping? You teach us that life and death are illusions.' And Marpa said: 'I know,
        and you are right, but she was the sweetest illusion I ever saw'.

I love that story.
        Last edited by Charlie; 26-04-2013, 18:50.

Comment

Atm mine would be art. I'm not particularly amazing but I find it very helpful considering how depressed and down I always seem to be - it lifts me a little.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futanari

Above is NSFW apparently.
          Man alive. I don't know what's worse: Star Trek gay fan art, bronys, or the above.

Comment

SSBBW Sega characters on deviantart are worse.

Comment

Comment

Comment

My children

Ellie is now answering questions which was weird at first because I didnt expect it

To hear her say I love you daddy was just incredible

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futanari

Above is NSFW apparently.
                    I clicked on this at work yesterday then forgot about it. About an hour later I opened my phone at the page had loaded in all its glory!

WTF!

Comment

Working...
                    X