The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to be the nice, respectful gentleman that I am*

*this shall not include the "smashing in" of any "backdoors".

Comment

She just wants help with her English. Pretty much what I expected.

I have to be honest with myself, I really don't have time for anything outside of school and work. Yet I'm still stupid enough to try. Wisdom does not necessarily come with age.

Comment

She's not going to say come round and grout my tiles (well, unless she's redoing her bathroom). It's a good sign. Cheer up mate!

Comment

Did you ask her out direct? If you did and that is the result then back away and save yourself heartache.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            She just wants help with her English.
            Did you tell her you're a cunning linguist?

(? James Bond)

Comment

No, just that I'm a master debater.

I don't know if I had been clear enough before tbh. Just as her train home arrived I gave her a peck on the cheek and a wrapped up copy of "Making Out in Japanese" and told her to open it later. She messaged me a few hours later thanking me and saying the book looked interesting and that she would study hard.

Comment

I have to be honest with myself, I really don't have time for anything outside of school and work.
                You do have time. What you don't have time for is people wanting help with their English. Maybe she gave the wrong signals, maybe she's using you, maybe you read her wrong, maybe she really does like you and is shy. Who knows?

For me, when it comes to women, I always, always assume they don't have feelings for me and are just being flirty or something. I'm crap at signal-reading. Until they actually say "I like you" I err on the side of caution. Looking back, I'm sure I've missed a few opportunities because of that.

Comment

No, just that I'm a master debater.

I don't know if I had been clear enough before tbh. Just as her train home arrived I gave her a peck on the cheek and a wrapped up copy of "Making Out in Japanese" and told her to open it later. She messaged me a few hours later thanking me and saying the book looked interesting and that she would study hard.
                  Hnnng.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Hnnng.
                    I was thinking the same thing. Her reply is slathered in innuendo

Comment

Comment

I don't necessarily recommend anybody should ever follow my advice with girls, but in my opinion you may as well just ask her directly.

With me and my girlfriend (both of us being quite reserved people), we actually both liked each other for a long time before and also both tried to make moves and convinced ourselves that the other person understood the message. In reality, neither of us spotted the other person's hints or moves in the slightest. Me being a westerner and her being Japanese, it wasn't as obvious to the other person as we felt it was to ourselves. In the end, I decided that I wasn't really looking for just a friendship so I decided to ask directly. We chuckle to ourselves now looking back at all the moves and hints from the other person that went over our heads.

Maybe ask if she wants to go to a cafe at the weekend or something? If you pecked her on the cheek and she still wants to go to a cafe, then clearly there's still something there.

Comment

Totally agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                            You mean this D?

Comment

It's a wonder how sex actually happens in this thread!

Comment

I gave her a peck on the cheek and a wrapped up copy of "Making Out in Japanese".
                                Only a perv would have a copy of that book.

In my copy of the book, I particularly like the chapter "Making Love" that has loads of panicked questions:
                                Take the test again - Mo ikkai kensa ****emite
                                When did you find out? - Itsu wakatta-no?
                                Why didn't you tell me sooner? - Nande motto hayaku iwanakatta-no?
                                What week are you now? - Ima nan-shu-me
                                When's the baby due? - Yoteibi-wa itsu?

Comment

Working...
                                X