No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought it (25% off ) with the intention of giving it to her.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    It's a wonder how sex actually happens in this thread!
    I still remember being married. Generally, it doesn't.

Comment

What is it about marriage that destroys sex? I'm intrigued by this.

Comment

The woman's lack of needing to keep the guy interested. Although really a relationship without sex is lacking basic biological functionality. I'm not saying they don't work, just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          The woman's lack of needing to keep the guy interested.
          I wonder if it could stem from her dissatisfaction in the bedroom. If she's not enjoying herself and only used sex to keep his interest, I guess it's not surprising that the drive would fizzle out.

Although really a relationship without sex is lacking basic biological functionality. I'm not saying they don't work, just not for me.
          I completely agree. When people in long, happy relationships are asked about their secrets, sex often pops up as a reason.

While I'm no longer Muslim in the traditional sense, one thing about Muslamic law I found interesting was that no sex for three months is considered reasonable grounds for divorce. I told my gf about this and she liked it. Of course, there are relationships in which the couple mutually just drift away from it and still manage ok(it makes me wonder, though). Three months sounds like ages but she told me one of her married friends is pregnant now but that she and her husband hadn't had sex in almost a year prior to their trying for a baby.
          Last edited by randombs; 11-12-2013, 00:48.

Comment

In the 11 months my ex and I were still together after coming to Canada I can count the number of times on one hand with ease.

In our case it was more the stress of only her working which killed the sex, then her deciding she wanted to spend more time with other people than me that did the rest. I got to deal with the finances and then have her hate me for saying that she couldn't afford something.

Money stresses = less/no sex = relationship troubles

Classic. A warning to all.

Comment

Amazing how you consider sex to be so important when frankly it isn't.
              A marriage is so much more than that.
              It's funny that people can have a life long friend they will invest everything in yet as soon as a partner stops wanting sex, the relationship is effectively over.

Comment

I wouldn't say being married in itself is bad for your sex life, but having kids definitely is. Thing is, you'll be so busy you won't even notice how long it's been. Or is it just me?

Comment

All the sex in world will never replace the joy our daughter gives us.

Comment

Comment

Dating / marrying girls who like video games - yay or nay?

I couldn't date anyone who was disdainful of the hobby, in moderation.

On the other hand, I like to keep it to myself, to an extent. So I enjoy playing wii sports, tekken and katamari with my wife, and she looks up from her tablet at quite a few other games, especially war ones - she is an army nerd - and ones set in modern Japan, like yakuza 4.

I don't think I would really want to discuss the finer points of choosing a race in Skyrim with her, however.

Comment

My wife enjoys Mario and Layton games. She also watches a lot of Persona and Final Fantasy too. She loves cute stuff and is obsessed with chocobos.
                        Oh and Katamari. She would ask me to put that on.

Comment

Having shared hobbies is good, but it is really only one piece of the puzzle - you have to actually like being around them. She might be a great gaming buddy, but that's not much good if you don't see eye-to-eye in terms of how a relationship should work.

My girlfriend has no interesting in gaming, but she also has no problem with my gaming - I'd find it difficult to be in a long term relationship with someone who did. On the other hand, we have a shared interest in Asian horror, that's actually how we first met and we often watch movies together. However, it is far from being the central most important element of the relationship.

I'd say you should just ask yourself 'do I enjoy being around this girl?'. If the answer is yes, that's really all you need you know. Nothing wrong with dating a gamer girl if you also like being around her generally.

Comment

In my experience dating someone who likes games is a lot of fun. However it can only serve to increase the obsession, not necessarily a healthy thing...

I would never go out with someone who liked games more than I do. That would just be weird.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                              While I'm no longer Muslim in the traditional sense, one thing about Muslamic law I found interesting was that no sex for three months is considered reasonable grounds for divorce.
                              Sounds beautiful. The wife is forced to give sex or the man can kick her out. Practical, if you're a man at least in a 100% male-dominated society. I wonder if the wife can divorce her husband if he isn't willing to sleep with her?

Comment

in this country (England) denial of sex can be seen as cruelty and therefore grounds for divorce.

Comment

Working...
                                X