• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He told me your ring needs a wash.

Comment

Ha ha ha awesome

Comment

Yes, I'll have to drop it off at the jewelers to be cleaned.

Comment

We were in Rome on cloudless New Years Day. I had no idea where I would propose during the course of the day, only that today was the day to do it.

If your familiar with Rome there is all manner of epic landmarks to propose and make a big Scene but it was a tiny park on top of a hill overlooking the Colosseum that seemed right. There was this very small fountain in the middle of this park, no one was around as we started off early that day and it felt like we were the only people around. So, being alone with no sounds other then the fountain and birds I went onto one knee next to this tiny fountain and popped the question. Whilst on me knee a runner came out of no where and legged it past us with a big grin on his face. . She said yes and we just stayed in the park for another hour, just taking in the location that this is where the rest of our live together begins.

The rest of the day was amazing, more amazing because we were engaged. I am glad I did not wait until the end of the day....but, it could have been the perfect end to the day i guess.

I guess my advise would be going with feeling the moment instead of thinking about it.

In terms of ring, my advise would be it depends on the kind of girl you have. The ring is a circle and it normally represents completion (full circle). She completes you and you complete her, It is more then a rock to boast about. Then again you could have a girl who sees it as a status symbol, in which case unlucky.

You can design a ring and have it made BTW, something to consider.
          Last edited by 'Press Start'; 12-08-2013, 20:51.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post

Married guys: gimme your proposal stories! You can pm if you don't want your story living eternally in the Wayback MachineTM but I'd really appreciate it.
            Try this thread

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

The thread of gaming-ending acquiescence?

Comment

Billy's just so legit he even got his wife on import yo

Comment

Word.

Provided that word is "gambare".

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                    Some of the posts in that thread are hilarious! I agree with J0e regarding getting ideas vs. the personal touch and have decided to go it alone. I have an idea I'm working on but it might be difficult. Nothing fancy but I came up with it last night and couldn't sleep for ages as I mentally planned it. I told my mum this evening and she's coming up with ring ideas. She has some rings that sound like the sort of thing my gf is into and will show me next time we skype.

Also, congrats

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Billy's just so legit he even got his wife on import yo
                    Import? She's so London she's practically 50Hz!

Comment

My wife is and insecure, untrusting, crazy woman. I already knew this, but I just found a stash of proof of her searching for evidence of my assumed adultery. We've been on holiday with the kids and I know she just keeps the pictures that she takes on her cameras memory card. So Every now and then I back them up and save the best ones. During this (I've not checked for 6 months as nothing has been worth taking pictures of) I find movie files of my PC's screen of all the text conversations I have on Skype with any female. contact. I find pictures of all kinds of personal documents, some as recent as this week. worst of all, some movie files of conversations we've had where she's left the camera on in her pocket. Listening to them I can hear that what seemed like an innocent conversation is actually digging for information.

This is seriously some mentally exhausting ****e. She'll keep digging until she finds something that her "confirmation bias" will prove I've been cheating. At which point she'll confront me with it again. I'll explain it logically with proof and she'll assume I'm too smart to catch "this time" and the process will start over again.

I'd divprce her if it was not for the kids and god knows what she'll have to "prove" I've been cheating so I'll get ****ed over on the divorce for being a cheating bastard that I'm not.

FML
                      Last edited by Fastware; 17-08-2013, 20:25.

Comment

Get out. Letting it run you down will have an adverse effect on you and your kids in the long run.

That's assuming she won't tell the kids what a bastard you are?

Comment

Man, I'm sorry to hear that, that sucks. She sounds like an incredibly controlling woman.

Is she beyond sitting down and reasoning with?

Comment

I feel ****ty for you bro, my ex was never like that at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                              Man, I'm sorry to hear that, that sucks. She sounds like an incredibly controlling woman.

Is she beyond sitting down and reasoning with?
                              Sadly yes, I've tried. The more I explain the more she thinks I'm trying to trick her. She has this big problem where she always thinks she's right. So when I use examples and proof that she's wrong then I'm lying to her and can't be trusted. I know it's not me as I've spoken about this problem with a friend that divorced her husband because he was showing the same behavior as my wife.

Absolutely anything can set her off, she has a real victim complex. Made her own bed with this one, distrust, blame and push someone away for long enough and guess what? Yes, I really don't love her now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastware View Post
                                My wife is and insecure, untrusting, crazy woman. I already knew this, but I just found a stash of proof of her searching for evidence of my assumed adultery. We've been on holiday with the kids and I know she just keeps the pictures that she takes on her cameras memory card. So Every now and then I back them up and save the best ones. During this (I've not checked for 6 months as nothing has been worth taking pictures of) I find movie files of my PC's screen of all the text conversations I have on Skype with any female. contact. I find pictures of all kinds of personal documents, some as recent as this week. worst of all, some movie files of conversations we've had where she's left the camera on in her pocket. Listening to them I can hear that what seemed like an innocent conversation is actually digging for information.

This is seriously some mentally exhausting ****e. She'll keep digging until she finds something that her "confirmation bias" will prove I've been cheating. At which point she'll confront me with it again. I'll explain it logically with proof and she'll assume I'm too smart to catch "this time" and the process will start over again.

I'd divprce her if it was not for the kids and god knows what she'll have to "prove" I've been cheating so I'll get ****ed over on the divorce for being a cheating bastard that I'm not.

FML
                                To me its sounds like she's trying to force to do the thing that she doesn't want you to do. She will drive you away and into the arms of another woman, you need to confront her and tell her this or just leave now, its time to man up and tell her this isn't a healthy relationship and if her ways don't change your leaving, kids or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X